Wildsmith or Dawson for the remaining games?

Goalkeepers.jpg

I think most will agree that Dawson has been quite poor this season. Yea he’s a fantastic shot stopper, but his distribution is so poor. The amount of times when I’m sat on the Kop and I’m just thinking why does he spend so long before he throws it? Does he not trust his full backs/centre backs to play forward? I think he lacks confidence in this aspect. Fox is always in so much space and Dawson fails to play it in time so that we can go forward effectively, it’s so frustrating. 

I know it was only 1 game, but I thought Wildsmith was terrific against Man City in the cup. To say he was thrown in having not started for over a season, i was really impressed. I’m genuinely baffled why he’s never been given a run this season ( I know he was injured for a while). 

However, for the remaining games I don’t think Monk will have the guts to make a change and put Wildsmith in, even though he more than deserves it. 

He needs to be assured that he will be given the chance to compete for the number 1 shirt for next season. However if we aren’t careful another club could easily come in and make an offer meaning we may lose a top quality keeper. With Westwood all but done here, we need to look to the future but we could be left with a keeper prone to mistakes and can’t manage his defence properly. 

Thoughts?

Apparently you are only as good as your last game - last time out Dawson concede 5. For that alone he should not play but unfortunately Monk has his favourites that if fit play.

Dawson, Fox, Lees, Bannan, Reach, Fletcher, Murphy - guaranteed to start in first 11 if fit.

You have to hope that Weaver and Monk will know who is the better goal keeper and that’s who will start more matches. 
I’d say Wildsmith, so expect Dawson to be picked 

• Haha 1

Dawson.

But if picking football teams was purely about picking the best 11 to win a game (and who would've thought it apparently isn't?), then Westwood every time.

I would be happy with either or Westwood, for me it will depend on the 10 in front of the goalkeeper, if they raise their game to what they are capable of, then we should be alright.

Wildsmith definitely deserved to keep his place after the man city game but nope he went with Dawson and he let in 5

so I'll say it again, Wildsmith but he'll play Dawson and he'll let in 5 again

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I can't respect Wildsmith's hair. So, Dawson. 

20 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

I can't respect Dawson's hair. So Wildsmith.

As a slap-head myself i don't care if this is the measure of a persons ability.....