Jackson Irvine

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, marshy said:

Have we expressed any sort of interest in this fella, or is this 7-pages of pure speculation?

7 pages of discussion, mate. That's what a forum is for. 

Guest wilyfox
11 minutes ago, marshy said:

Wasn't having a pop mate, I genuinely wondered If we have any sort of genuine interest. lol

D'ya want some, do ya? C'mon then.. :ph34r:

Nah, we've not been linked. I started this thread after he was released, believing he has many attributes we could use. 6'2", drive & athleticism, gets stuck in, got a goal in him, prime age, international, champ proven last 4yrs, tenacious like Hutch with more height & goal-threat + better fitness record, and available on a free.

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s his age that bothers me, well not specifically his age, but the average age of our midfield. The three current first choice midfielders, all under contract, are all in that 27-30 bracket. Fine, I don’t have a problem with that, but I want us to avoid again assembling a back up group of a similar age. Surely we have to learn the lessons of that kind of approach We need younger blood, or legs, in that department 

By all means consider a player like Irvine, but only as a replacement for one of the existing three

That is it. We are not building. We put together group of average footballer who are not good enough to get us promoted and that Will need replacing in year or two. 

Bloody hell even Chris Turner knew what to do and how to build decent squad that could grow and develop. 

On 16/06/2020 at 16:10, malek said:

Not really an improvement on what we have here, but perhaps type of midfielder that could work well next to Bannan.

This is the problem we have BANNAN. We need as we have from the playoff final a big strong ball winning midfield a beast if you like. But this wouldn’t work next to Bannan. Irvine isn’t one of these more attack minded or was when he was at his best a few years ago, but again wouldn’t work next to Bannan. In a 2 man midfield Bannan won’t work. 

Move him out left. 

Not fussed on Irvine his best days are behind him unfortunately 

Might be a silly question but if a players contract terminates on 30th June and they become free agents, can other clubs take that player on until the end of this season in a playing capacity - ie can you sign a free agent at any time outside of normal transfer windows ?

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

Might be a silly question but if a players contract terminates on 30th June and they become free agents, can other clubs take that player on until the end of this season in a playing capacity - ie can you sign a free agent at any time outside of normal transfer windows ?

Can sign, but wouldn't be eligible to play until next season. 

11 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

They have to have been released by their clubs before the transfer window closed I think. 

52 minutes ago, malek said:

That is it. We are not building. We put together group of average footballer who are not good enough to get us promoted and that Will need replacing in year or two. 

Bloody hell even Chris Turner knew what to do and how to build decent squad that could grow and develop. 

I think your probably right but while your building a young  team that can take 2 or 3 years to peak the manager gets the sack coz the club aint challenging  and the fans are kicking off  so you can see why very few managers go down that route …...the new manager comes in with ideas of own and merry go round starts again . … 

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is the problem we have BANNAN. We need as we have from the playoff final a big strong ball winning midfield a beast if you like. But this wouldn’t work next to Bannan. Irvine isn’t one of these more attack minded or was when he was at his best a few years ago, but again wouldn’t work next to Bannan. In a 2 man midfield Bannan won’t work. 

Move him out left. 

Not fussed on Irvine his best days are behind him unfortunately 

We have been trying to accomodate Bannan for the last 4 or so years. Part of our problem.