Jackson Irvine

Guest wilyfox

It’s the same pattern though isn’t it, us fans clamouring for a player who used to be good. Surely we want to be looking at players who are on the way up, instead of those in decline? 
To be fair, he might have been worth considering, had we not already signed Luongo.

19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s the same pattern though isn’t it, us fans clamouring for a player who used to be good. Surely we want to be looking at players who are on the way up, instead of those in decline? 
To be fair, he might have been worth considering, had we not already signed Luongo.

Problem is players on there way up are wanted by bigger clubs and cost more money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is players on there way up are wanted by bigger clubs and cost more money.

That’s often true, but there was plenty of criticism when we took this route before. Don’t forget, most of those signed by Carlos were around the same age when they first arrived, players in decline aged 27-28. Those players very soon became the thirty somethings all at once. We have to get younger legs in there, if only for the sake of balance

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s often true, but there was plenty of criticism when we took this route before. Don’t forget, most of those signed by Carlos were around the same age when they first arrived, players in decline aged 27-28. Those players very soon became the thirty somethings all at once. We have to get younger legs in there, if only for the sake of balance

Yes, we need some younger legs. I my opinion, however many players we recruit this summer, half need to be under the age of 25 - but not all, and writing off a 27yr-old is probably taking it too far, mate. He's an established champ performer, an international, that has the kind of drive, physicality, & athleticism we need in the middle third. Could be a very useful freebie. 

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we can’t afford Irvine then we should look at Josh Laurent at Shrewsbury who has a similar build and has started scoring goals more consistently. He played well in the FA cup too. Available for free.

Be honest, you want him off the back of that game against Liverpool, don't cha.. 

lol

Losing Kieren Lee and Sam Hutchinson leaves us low on decent midfielders. Decent player who for the right contract price would add something, only 27 as well. Must have loads of badges with a surname like that 🙂 

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Be honest, you want him off the back of that game against Liverpool, don't cha.. 

lol

I didn’t watch that one but I heard he did well. He got some good reviews when up at Hartlepool as he was likened to some kind of (very!) poor mans Pogba with his frame and some skills but he’s never really kicked on. He went to Wigan and it didn’t happen and never fully broke through the various youth teams. I just noticed him back on the radar again recently for Shrewsbury. Might be a late developer.

Edited by Bluesteel