Players unavailable from 1st July (as things stand)

Guest Grandad
17 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I take it we will not be bringing any new players then?

I think theres some question regarding availability - even if signed. Will they be eligible for this season

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, paulvcooke said:

Out of contract players could be signed on the 1st of July, but they wouldn't be able to play this season, so probably not much point.

They wouldn't be be able play because they wouldn't be able to be registered, players cannot be registered until the 'registration period' (transfer windows) opens, this cannot happen until this season is concluded. This will also prevent returning loan players playing for their parent clubs I believe.

Thanks for this clarification. Its as bad as I thought 😞 

What a ridiculous decision to conclude the season

45 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So we have these 16 available for the last 7 games. Which could be crucial for us even if we don't get points deducted. Scary.

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith

Tom Lees

Liam Palmer

Julian Borner

Dominic Iorfa

Moses Odubajo

Osaze Urhoghide

Joey Pelupessey

Barry Bannan

Massimo Luongo

Kadeem Harris

Adam Reach

Alex Hunt 

Conor Grant?

Jordan Rhodes

:duntmatter:

32 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

Out of contract players could be signed on the 1st of July, but they wouldn't be able to play this season, so probably not much point.

They wouldn't be be able play because they wouldn't be able to be registered, players cannot be registered until the 'registration period' (transfer windows) opens, this cannot happen until this season is concluded. This will also prevent returning loan players playing for their parent clubs I believe.

I thought a free agent i.e. a player who is not currently registered to a club,  can sign for and be registered to play by any club at any time during a season.

The transfer window doesn't apply to registration of free agents.

The only restrictions are they can't be registered by more than 3 clubs during a season or play for more than 2 clubs in the same competition.

That's  how I understand it, though I do stand to be corrected.

Guest paulvcooke
1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I thought a free agent i.e. a player who is not currently registered to a club,  can sign for and be registered to play by any club at any time during a season.

The transfer window doesn't apply to registration of free agents.

The only restrictions are they can't be registered by more than 3 clubs during a season or play for more than 2 clubs in the same competition.

That's  how I understand it, though I do stand to be corrected.

The player would have to have been a free agent before the last registration period (transfer window) closed in Jan, so this would not apply to anyone whose contract expires at the end of the month. Basically, players cannot now be registered until the season ends.

It’s probably been covered on one of the many threads, but it’s passed me by. Although we may lose the services of the out of contract players from July 1st, can we enlist the help of any player who themselves might be out of contract elsewhere? Would it be possible say, for Leeds, long term admirers of Forestieri, to sign him to help get them over the line?

Guest paulvcooke
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s probably been covered on one of the many threads, but it’s passed me by. Although we may lose the services of the out of contract players from July 1st, can we enlist the help of any player who themselves might be out of contract elsewhere? Would it be possible say, for Leeds, long term admirers of Forestieri, to sign him to help get them over the line?

No, the players can't play for another club (they can sign) until the season is over, they can't be registered.

We are royally dipped in poo here. How did we manage to get into this predicament? Does no one in the club understand planning and risk mitigation? Ok, no one could foresee CV-19, but when the wheels started falling off after Xmas, any chairman with any gumption would think, hmm, I have a aged squad with a poor track record of injuries. Do I wait until later in the season to look at tying in the players that the club wants to retain or do I wait for them to attract offers from elsewhere. Even without an extension of the current season we would have struggled to keep enough players fit to mount a relegation fight. DC does not seem to be arsed about the club and the fact we have no CEO to run things is shocking.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, striker said:

I thought loans had been extended to the end of the season could be wrong?

Think it depends on the parent club, Hull have said that Barnsley have decided not to extend Wilks loan deal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paulvcooke said:

The player would have to have been a free agent before the last registration period (transfer window) closed in Jan, so this would not apply to anyone whose contract expires at the end of the month. Basically, players cannot now be registered until the season ends.

From the EFL rules;

43 Registration of Players

43.1 Unless otherwise permitted by Regulation 43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

43.2 Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1 where the Player is an Out of Registration Player.

So a club can sign a player who is not registered by another club outside a transfer  window.

But then the rules state:

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season.

Guidance

The fourth Thursday in March is the traditional ‘transfer deadline day’ and remains in place to ensure Clubs cannot add to their squad for the final remaining fixtures of a Season thus impacting on the integrity of the competition in those final stages. 

Obviously this is not a normal season so I wonder if the 4th Saturday in March rule might not apply.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

We are royally dipped in poo here. How did we manage to get into this predicament? Does no one in the club understand planning and risk mitigation? Ok, no one could foresee CV-19, but when the wheels started falling off after Xmas, any chairman with any gumption would think, hmm, I have a aged squad with a poor track record of injuries. Do I wait until later in the season to look at tying in the players that the club wants to retain or do I wait for them to attract offers from elsewhere. Even without an extension of the current season we would have struggled to keep enough players fit to mount a relegation fight. DC does not seem to be arsed about the club and the fact we have no CEO to run things is shocking.

I can only think that Chansiri didn't have the foresight to plan for a relegation battle in July.

What an idiot.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From the EFL rules;

43 Registration of Players

43.1 Unless otherwise permitted by Regulation 43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

43.2 Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1 where the Player is an Out of Registration Player.

So a club can sign a player who is not registered by another club outside a transfer  window.

But then the rules state:

43.3 Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season.

Guidance

The fourth Thursday in March is the traditional ‘transfer deadline day’ and remains in place to ensure Clubs cannot add to their squad for the final remaining fixtures of a Season thus impacting on the integrity of the competition in those final stages. 

Obviously this is not a normal season so I wonder if the 4th Saturday in March rule might not apply.

You would hope so, if teams are losing players left right and centre in an abnormal season, then surely clubs should be able to bring players in Really I understand why, under normal circumstances, this would not be allowed, but these aren’t normal circumstances. 
Not that I believe we would take advantage of any rule change, even were we to lose 7 or 8 players. It wouldn’t be the first time we’d sleepwalked to relegation

Guest paulvcooke
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You would hope so, if teams are losing players left right and centre in an abnormal season, then surely clubs should be able to bring players in Really I understand why, under normal circumstances, this would not be allowed, but these aren’t normal circumstances. 
Not that I believe we would take advantage of any rule change, even were we to lose 7 or 8 players. It wouldn’t be the first time we’d sleepwalked to relegation

This adds more clarity, Dale knows his stuff, Wednesday fan too.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4102943/transfer-window-qanda-how-will-the-summer-market-work

Basically, players can't play for a new club until next season. "the engagement of an out-of-contract player is permitted. The player shall only be eligible to participate in domestic competitions for their new club in the 2020/21 season."

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:
  • Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 11.41.26.jpg

• Morgan Fox
  • Kieran Lee
  • Steven Fletcher
  • Sam Winnall
  • Jacob Murphy
  • Atdhe Nuhiu
  • Connor Wickham
  • Sam Hutchinson
  • Preslav Borukov
  • David Bates
  • Paul Jones
  • Alessio Da Cruz
  • Fernando Forestieri
  • Josh Windass

Which is the main reason I'm going for a refund on my season ticket, these could have all been sorted out by now , I'm not willing to watch us on ifollow with basically a second string team to choose from and get battered every game, ridiculous situation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1