Fernando Forestieri has heard nothing from the club

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

And I stop believing Monk when his mouth starts moving. 

I’m not someone wanting Monk sacked. But his answers to questions are horrendous. Just answer, stop talking in riddles. Up here we like straight facts, he clearly knows Fletchers injury today and he clearly hasn’t picked Forestieri for contractual issues. 

I think there’s something in what Monk is saying. We’ve had countless issues with FF. Hes a petulant child. He will look back at his career and think “what if”? 

Get rid! Very talented player but you need mental aptitude to be successful. 

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’m not someone wanting Monk sacked. But his answers to questions are horrendous. Just answer, stop talking in riddles. Up here we like straight facts, he clearly knows Fletchers injury today and he clearly hasn’t picked Forestieri for contractual issues. 

Fletcher is one of the players who isn’t playing beyond the end of the month. Winnall is another. I reckon we’ve decided to flog Fletcher into the ground, and Winnall has been told to go home and grout the bathroom. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Still ‘quite a way’ behind the rest of them in terms of fitness according to Monk.

Seems skipping isn’t all that good for you! 

garymegson

Absolute cobblers.

Not fit enough for a place on a 9-man bench but Fletcher who can barely walk is OK for a place - and then gets subbed off without touching the ball 2 minutes later?

Makes it up as he goes along.

Just now, vulva said:

Fletcher is one of the players who isn’t playing beyond the end of the month. Winnall is another. I reckon we’ve decided to flog Fletcher into the ground, and Winnall has been told to go home and grout the bathroom. 

Very obvious to anyone with half a brain that’s what happening. I just wish he’d say it so we can move on. Rather than have the dramatics of “Fletchers/Fox/Nando aren’t on the bench (or in the team)” and just let people know what’s happening so we can move on quickly. 

Just fuels the rumour mill with these vague answers to questions. For someone who uses the word clarity a lot he very rarely gives any. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Very obvious to anyone with half a brain that’s what happening. I just wish he’d say it so we can move on. Rather than have the dramatics of “Fletchers/Fox/Nando aren’t on the bench (or in the team)” and just let people know what’s happening so we can move on quickly. 

Just fuels the rumour mill with these vague answers to questions. For someone who uses the word clarity a lot he very rarely gives any. 

The whole place has been one big lie since we had 16 first team players ‘injured’ under Jos. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Could it be that FF has refused to play and Monk has not thrown him under the bus? Wouldn’t be the first time 

Why would Monk do that? 

Just now, meggoisgod said:

Assuming he was available, not having him on the bench (at the very least) is inexcusable 

It also would be even weirder him posting those warm up videos on Instagram then not being included an hour later 

Forestieri has the talent to force his way into sides at this level, what he clearly doesn’t have is the desire to go alongside it and it’s time the fans started to realise it’s 2020 and the Fernando Forestieri of 2015/16 isn’t coming back 

Can blame managers all day long, even Bruce wasn’t a fan , and I genuinely doubt he would’ve had anymore game time under Bruce than he’s had with Monk 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri has the talent to force his way into sides at this level, what he clearly doesn’t have is the desire to go alongside it and it’s time the fans started to realise it’s 2020 and the Fernando Forestieri of 2015/16 isn’t coming back 

Can blame managers all day long, even Bruce wasn’t a fan , and I genuinely doubt he would’ve had anymore game time under Bruce than he’s had with Monk 

Bruce played him everytime he was fit?? Proper manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One good season, and then he and/or his agent got greedy. I don't blame him entirely for that, as many went goggle eyed at the sight of the money tree that Chansiri had planted in the garden.  But when refused to play he crossed a line and needed to be shipped out sharpish.  I am a bit old fashioned like that though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2