Are we set for a Spend Spend Spend Summer?

Guest Grandad

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

More likely we will start next season with the squad that finished this one, with some last minute loan signings when we struggling the first few games.

We should be looking to pick up some good free agents but this is the Owls under DC, we have potentially 13 players leaving after we have played the first 2 games of the restarted season. There will have been no planning what so ever done for next season.

You got panned for this but reading about Forestieri and the club not being in touch, I think some may need a slice of humble pie putting in the post. 

Edited by Frazzlebeak

11 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

You got panned for this but reading about Forestieri and the club not being in touch, I think some may need a slice of humble pie putting in the post. 

We are very badly run as a club, we could be struggling to fulfil the games we have in the next month with as many as 13 players possible unavailable and in true Wednesday fashion we have our first game at the week end and still important matters are let till the last minute.

I do hope DC has learnt his lesson but that is all it is hope because, we won't be planning for next season and if the worst happens and we do go down, I can only see the team dropping further because DC has no long term plan, how to get the club performing better off the pitch, his only goal is promotion and premiership money to sort everything and this is not going to happen any time soon.

You always hope for the best but fear the worst.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We are very badly run as a club, we could be struggling to fulfil the games we have in the next month with as many as 13 players possible unavailable and in true Wednesday fashion we have our first game at the week end and still important matters are let till the last minute.

I do hope DC has learnt his lesson but that is all it is hope because, we won't be planning for next season and if the worst happens and we do go down, I can only see the team dropping further because DC has no long term plan, how to get the club performing better off the pitch, his only goal is promotion and premiership money to sort everything and this is not going to happen any time soon.

You always hope for the best but fear the worst.

That's worrying, despite how little some of them have contributed. 

It is a situation, not of the clubs making though. The contracts for those 13 players could be approaching £500k - £1m for the extra month. Having been beaten with the FFP stick for years, now expected to incur a £1m loss playing games to appease EFL's negotiated broadcast commitments.

It's a fine balancing act, as yet no word from EFL on FFP, so technically that's £1m off next years budget.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, striker said:

That's worrying, despite how little some of them have contributed. 

It is a situation, not of the clubs making though. The contracts for those 13 players could be approaching £1m for the extra month. Having been beaten with the FFP stick for years, now expected to incur a £1m+ loss playing games to appease EFL's negotiated broadcast commitments.

It's a fine balancing act, as yet no word from EFL on FFP, so technically that's £1m off next years budget.

Indeed but the £1m spent could be the difference of Championship football or league one, which would mean a drop in revenue of approaching £7m+ a season.

I don't think the EFL want to relegate us, but equally we will get a punishment and we need to put as many points as possible between us and the bottom 3 and to do this we need the best players we can get not a team for of kids. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but the £1m spent could be the difference of Championship football or league one, which would mean a drop in revenue of approaching £7m+ a season.

I don't think the EFL want to relegate us, but equally we will get a punishment and we need to put as many points as possible between us and the bottom 3 and to do this we need the best players we can get not a team for of kids. 

Absolutely agree, as I said it's a balancing act.

Ultimately comes down to whether Monk has any intention of playing any of the out of contract lot. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Grandad said:

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they havent been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

Who do you think will be the biggest? Could we break our transfer record again?

We’re going to have to spend big otherwise we’ll come straight back down.

Edited by sonofbert2

Full refund for me!

I'd have considered putting it back into the club but as long as they're giving 12 month contracts to dog dirt players like pissypussy tey aren't having a penny more out of me than the bare minimum.

It's the equivalent of giving money to a beggar in town, they just spend it on spice or a pair of Tn's.