Are we set for a Spend Spend Spend Summer?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Would need to be registered for last season. And that opens season to season I think. So they wouldn't be able to play in the current seasons competition.

Isnt that absolutely crazy given the contractual situations and the delayed end to the season

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

More likely we will start next season with the squad that finished this one, with some last minute loan signings when we struggling the first few games.

We should be looking to pick up some good free agents but this is the Owls under DC, we have potentially 13 players leaving after we have played the first 2 games of the restarted season. There will have been no planning what so ever done for next season.

FFS!. Every one hide the Bus time table's, paracetemol's, sharp implements, washing line, etc from him.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Grandad said:

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they havent been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

Who do you think will be the biggest? Could we break our transfer record again?

I fully expect to WIN the case against the EFL , be GIVEN 21 points and go up.

Semedo and Ronaldo will then take over the club from a grateful Delphjon....

I should imagine the following season we will walk the Prem....POTG will be a tenner and long standing season ticket holders will be given a season "Gratis"

But then again..I know nowt and have been recently .."radicalized"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m not convinced we’ll release as many players as might have been originally expected?

I could easily see Fletcher, Fox, Nuhiu, Forestieri and Lee being given new deals which will probably see more of the same next season?

I just don’t think the desire for change at the club is as great as Monk was going on about back in January and the enforced break has probably saved the Wednesday careers of some of our current squad and the more likely casualty this summer is Monk IMO?

that’s my feeling as well. Think we will end up keeping a lot of the deadwood that should be leaving. More of the same old underperforming rubbish from the squad with them here. As you say I think this enforced break will save a few of their careers with us. Personally I think Nuhiu would have rightly left before this break but now I have a horrible feeling he will end up staying. Monk talked of change, I doubt we will see that. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

that’s my feeling as well. Think we will end up keeping a lot of the deadwood that should be leaving. More of the same old underperforming rubbish from the squad with them here. As you say I think this enforced break will save a few of their careers with us. Personally I think Nuhiu would have rightly left before this break but now I have a horrible feeling he will end up staying. Monk talked of change, I doubt we will see that. 

Due to their form this season,  it’s a no brainer to try and keep Fletcher and Fox though it wouldn’t bother me if Fox left.

I just feel Nuhiu, Forestieri and Lee will have a good end to the season and contract extensions will be offered and subsequently signed?

Edited by Jim

I'm hoping we spend wisely for a change.  I'm still expecting a challenge or I'll be wanting a refund on my ST. Happy to pay top dollar for a challenge, but I ain't doing it to watch a squad of freebies and kids.

Edited by Sham67

Big spending spree coming.

the stadium being so big means we can get same crowd in door with the old socia distancing once rules ease . Those clubs doing well like Brentford with small grounds will suffer.

in fact it just shows how valuable hillsborough really is . I know DC thinks the same . So he can sell ground back to us for price he bought it for, then rebuy it for 130 million given it is now a much bigger asset to us than it was before.

that gives us a 60m war chest to blast on random old players from Watford, Burnley and wolves, peppered with a few gifts from the Portuguese and Dutch leagues and jobs a good un.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I'm hoping we spend wisely for a change.  I'm still expecting a challenge or I'll be wanting a refund on my ST. Happy to pay top dollar for a challenge, but I ain't doing it to watch a squad of freebies and kids.

I don't think they give refunds on season tickets depending on league position's

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Why not?

Get in before the efl start stumbling through their witch hunt.

If we are found guilty no worries as we've already bought them.

If found not guilty no worries as we've got money to spare.

I should be on the board me. 

You couldn’t do any worse than the current recruitment team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

My  sarcasm detector is currently fkd.

Some of the posts in this thread suggest you are not the only one! 

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

With most of league one imploding before the next season starts I don't think we need to spend that much to be competitive in that division 🤦

Couple of strikers, midfield big unit, solid left back plus keeping Lee, FF for a starter

Still waiting for that unit aren't we! haha

Project CLEAR AARHHHT

Westwood - Dawson 

Odubajo - Uhroururhide 

Fox - Penney 

Hutchinson - Pelupessy 

Forrestieri - Hidalgo 

Fletcher - Bennett 

The way that team is shaping up, we may win the FFP league ... but nothing else 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

With most of league one imploding before the next season starts I don't think we need to spend that much to be competitive in that division 🤦

Couple of strikers, midfield big unit, solid left back plus keeping Lee, FF for a starter

About 40k a week there in 2 players neither of which can manage 25 full matches over a season.

Training was awkward today. Joey Pelupessy suggested I’d never played before. I said “how the feck would you know what a footballer looks like Janey PussyPele? I’m Mark Bright’s son, and before you say anything about my skin colour, black lives matter”.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they havent been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

Who do you think will be the biggest? Could we break our transfer record again?

You’re not going to make it as a comedian. 

What’s that saying about sarcasm? 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You’re not going to make it as a comedian. 

What’s that saying about sarcasm? 

"Sarcasm is wasted on the half-witted"