Are we set for a Spend Spend Spend Summer?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

Screenshot 2020-06-17 at 15.26.58.jpg

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they haven't been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

Who do you think will be the biggest? Could we break our transfer record again?

I’m not convinced we’ll release as many players as might have been originally expected?

I could easily see Fletcher, Fox, Nuhiu, Forestieri and Lee being given new deals which will probably see more of the same next season?

I just don’t think the desire for change at the club is as great as Monk was going on about back in January and the enforced break has probably saved the Wednesday careers of some of our current squad and the more likely casualty this summer is Monk IMO?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grandad said:

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they havent been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

More likely we will start next season with the squad that finished this one, with some last minute loan signings when we struggling the first few games.

We should be looking to pick up some good free agents but this is the Owls under DC, we have potentially 13 players leaving after we have played the first 2 games of the restarted season. There will have been no planning what so ever done for next season.

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, room0035 said:

More likely we will start next season with the squad that finished this one, with some last minute loan signings when we struggling the first few games.

We should be looking to pick up some good free agents but this is the Owls under DC, we have potentially 13 players leaving after we have played the first 2 games of the restarted season. There will have been no planning what so ever done for next season.

Seems a bit of a negative way to look at things

Good news, I’ve been offered a contract.

I’m liking how the new recruitment process works based on outstanding CVs. They were impressed with how many match wins I had last season.

Never even had to explain they were fishing match wins. Chansiri just told Monk “Trust me, I know what I’m doing”.

Say hi to your new striker

*waves to everyone* 

To the old Waddle tune “Ten grand a week, he’s got a cheek, walking in an owlsman wonderland”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

With a huge clearout expected this summer - including all but one of our forwards - and given we were told our ticket prices are the most expensive in the league to sustain a challenge for the Premier League (and they havent been reduced) - are we looking at a huge summer of big names joining us?

Not without my £200 we won't.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Yep, it's Viv Nicholson time. 

( the young uns on here may have to Google this) 

• Haha 1

Yes.

After DC worked his accounting magic last year we are officially loaded. Also, after all charges were dropped against him he is primed like a coiled spring and ready to spend big to achieve his dream.

Thank me later.

Edited by Fuzzy logics
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

You sure they are allowed

Not entirely - but you'd have thought so.

If the transfer window is open - you'd imagine they are fair game

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I’m not convinced we’ll release as many players as might have been originally expected?

I could easily see Fletcher, Fox, Nuhiu, Forestieri and Lee being given new deals which will probably see more of the same next season?

I just don’t think the desire for change at the club is as great as Monk was going on about back in January and the enforced break has probably saved the Wednesday careers of some of our current squad and the more likely casualty this summer is Monk IMO?

I think you might be right. Some of the players will use the fact that they are out of contract in July as a leaver to get another years contract.

Would not be surprised if club feel like better the devil you know with the out of contact players in the present circumstances.
Would also say the fitness of players will be even more important with a quicker than usual turnaround at the end of the season.
Dont think next season will start in early August but the close season likely to only be a few weeks.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Don't normally agree with owt you post but this is an exception

Thanks pal lol 

I think!!

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Not entirely - but you'd have thought so.

If the transfer window is open - you'd imagine they are fair game

Would need to be registered for last season. And that opens season to season I think. So they wouldn't be able to play in the current seasons competition.

• Like 1