We’re Going Down

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I do agree...the attitude from some people at the ground sometimes is shocking.

It's either the beer talking or the i've paid too much so I can act how the f I like for 2 hours.  So paying for something gives you right to be a moron.

The behaviour towards Carlos, Jos and some of our regular scapegoats has been embarrassing.  I sometimes feel like i'm back at junior school when I see how people react.  Boo'ing at half time, f off back to the pantomime.  I was glad when Fox gave it some to the kop but some people still don't get it.

Yet they're the first to cry like babies if/as/when a player/manager gives it them back

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Charlton and Hull aren't the only ones in freefall. Over last 12 matches Charlton and Boro have amassed 11 points, Wednesday 9 pts and Hull 5 pts.

I agree that Fletcher is the key; if he doesn't play over the remaining matches we are going to struggle to score. We may just have enough pts in the bag; it's hard to say.

him not seeming to be involved in the training and the match the other day is a massive concern. He is one of if not the most important player we have imo. To rely on the other strikers to score the goals is a worrying thought. 

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Absolutely pal, exactly how I feel at home games 

But it’s brushed under the carpet and as a fan base we don’t wanna accept any kind of criticism,  for me it’s got to change , we’ve had the odd occasion of a brilliant atmosphere at Hillsborough in the recent past , I won’t deny anybody that ! But on the whole it’s absolutely woeful 

We were 3rd in table at one point this season, regardless of anything else ! 3rd in the table and we had an atmosphere at Hillsborough that made me not wanna bother tipping up, not because of the football but because of the general pi55 whinge and negative ‘woe is me’ attitude the whole place stinks of 

The atmosphere at home games is embarrassing at times; it was ok the first 2 years under Carlos but since then enough said. I don't agree with booing of players etc but people also need to realise we've been out of the top flight for 20 years. We were 3rd at Xmas but mist of the football served up in that period was not easy to watch to say the least.

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

The atmosphere at home games is embarrassing at times; it was ok the first 2 years under Carlos but since then enough said. I don't agree with booing of players etc but people also need to realise we've been out of the top flight for 20 years. We were 3rd at Xmas but mist of the football served up in that period was not easy to watch to say the least.

Every single player and manager who are asked say that negative crowd reactions affect confidence, affect the players willingness to try the tricky passes, and willingness to go for it.

Every single one of them.

But rather than accept this our fans would rather say 'we pay our money. We have the right to boo if we want to' and justify having such a negative atmosphere.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy

John and Derek rock up to the matches intent on picking faults, booing players and shouting negative stuff out just because they think they have the right to, ignoring the fact that it makes the players play worse. The players play worse, we lose, and John and Derek booo them off then brag off about it and boast how they have paid their money so have the right to boo.

They are actually really really defensive of being able to booooo players and destroy their confidence

So they booo

And destroy confidence

Then come out with some nonsense like 'well the players should be able to play in front of this kind of atmosphere. It's their fault' even though the players have all said booing them affects their play. And how crucial our crowds are to good atmosphere's and wins

But no.

John and Derek would rather rock up, booooo for 90 minutes, neg everyone out around them, and then go home smug in the knowledge that they've carried out what they're entitled to do.

Even though it's helped contribute to their own team losing

What should happen is our fans who want the team to do well should boo the booers and boo them off/out of the stadium.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LittleG
44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every single player and manager who are asked say that negative crowd reactions affect confidence, affect the players willingness to try the tricky passes, and willingness to go for it.

But rather than accept this our fans would rather say 'we pay our money. We have the right to boo if we want to' and justify having such a negative atmosphere.

John and Derek rock up to the matches intent on picking faults, booing players and shouting negative stuff out just because they think they have the right to, ignoring the fact that it makes the players play worse. The players play worse, we lose, and John and Derek booo them off then brag off about it and boast how they have paid their money so have the right to boo.

They are actually really really defensive of being able to booooo players and destroy their confidence

So they booo

And destroy confidence

Then come out with some nonsense like 'well the players should be able to play in front of this kind of atmosphere. It's their fault' even though the players have all said booing them affects their play. And how crucial our crowds are to good atmosphere's and wins

But no.

John and Derek would rather rock up, booooo for 90 minutes, neg everyone out around them, and then go home smug in the knowledge that they've carried out what they're entitled to do.

What should happen is our fans who want the team to do well should boo the booers and boo them off/out of the stadium.

I stated in my post that I didn't agree with the booing of players and have never condoned it; why the rant?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So they booo

And destroy confidence

But no.

I’ve never booed my team.

But to suggest that fans should boo other people who boo is plain childish. How would the players differentiate the noise ? Would we get a tannoy announcement saying who’s turn it is ?

I cannot imagine any supporter going home feeling smug when their team has lost. Even if they’ve predicted loss /  backed us to lose, there is no pleasure in defeat.

Whilst players are only human, to suggest they can’t overcome a  negative crowd is ridiculous. If they can’t step up when the going gets tough, they are in the the wrong job. 

Atmosphere needs to pick up at Hillsborough. It’s time for a positive environment to get behind the team.  Whilst most may disagree, I think we do hold the club back - on the whole we are a negative bunch.

The first season under Carlos was excellent and by and large over the years, bar recently, the away following has been great. But, overall at Hillsborough it is dire and fans resort to sniping at players etc. Dave and Fox have had it big style! It needs to change.  

• Love 1

Guest Ronson

I may be clutching at straws but could it be the EFL are waiting to deduct us points without relegating us? The following litigation would/could be catastrophic for them and us so hopefully they're looking to de-escalate the whole mess.

Guest struckanerve
2 hours ago, LittleG said:

It's not been good since the kop got seats. Ultimate issue is it's too big, too many empty seats, for tier 2 football. We'd be much better off with a tight to the pitch 26k-28k stadium.

Guest LittleG
50 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

It's not been good since the kop got seats. Ultimate issue is it's too big, too many empty seats, for tier 2 football. We'd be much better off with a tight to the pitch 26k-28k stadium.

Certainly the kop seats have not helped, along with certain other things, however there is now a general feeling of apathy amongst supporters, probably caused by the expectation of gaining promotion now seeming a distant memory.The fans are looking to the manager and team to create a spark, the team are looking to the fans to generate an atmosphere. Chicken and egg situation.. 

Guest struckanerve
1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Certainly the kop seats have not helped, along with certain other things, however there is now a general feeling of apathy amongst supporters, probably caused by the expectation of gaining promotion now seeming a distant memory.The fans are looking to the manager and team to create a spark, the team are looking to the fans to generate an atmosphere. Chicken and egg situation.. 

That's clearly the issue at present, with the atmosphere going from poor to toxic. It also hasn't helped that so few players have had a bond with the fans and a love for the club. Since the 90's team, most players have seemed to be going through the motions for a paycheck.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Atmosphere needs to pick up at Hillsborough. It’s time for a positive environment to get behind the team.  Whilst most may disagree, I think we do hold the club back - on the whole we are a negative bunch.

The first season under Carlos was excellent and by and large over the years, bar recently, the away following has been great. But, overall at Hillsborough it is dire and fans resort to sniping at players etc. Dave and Fox have had it big style! It needs to change.  

Of course we are a negative bunch; we've had 20 years of being patient and just when we had a chance under Carlos we blew it. The way things are going it could be another 10 years before we get back to Prem.

What Wednesday lack is an identity. I don’t know what we are. The best teams rock up, and you know what there team is and how they play. 

Even I don’t know what team we will turn out. Do we press, play from the back, long ball?? No idea. 

• Like 2

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

That's clearly the issue at present, with the atmosphere going from poor to toxic. It also hasn't helped that so few players have had a bond with the fans and a love for the club. Since the 90's team, most players have seemed to be going through the motions for a paycheck.

Unfortunately, having been so long out of the Prem, many fans think our boat has sailed and we missed a golden opportunity to return to the top div. We now seem to be drifting along aimlessly with no direction

Guest struckanerve
7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Unfortunately, having been so long out of the Prem, many fans think our boat has sailed and we missed a golden opportunity to return to the top div. We now seem to be drifting along aimlessly with no direction

I'm 41 now and expected to see us back one day, now I'm not so sure. 

It was a golden opportunity, and it turned even worse with the other lot doing what they did. If we aren't careful we'll end up the Notts County of Sheffield.

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, struckanerve said:

I'm 41 now and expected to see us back one day, now I'm not so sure. 

It was a golden opportunity, and it turned even worse with the other lot doing what they did. If we aren't careful we'll end up the Notts County of Sheffield.

Yeah they're not good times are they! I'm a fair bit older than you and I'm resigned to not seeing them back up there during my lifetime. 

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

People forget Hull and Charlton were also in free fall before the break and Charlton have a handful of their best players refusing to play on for them and Hull have just sold Bowen and Grosiki (I think that’s his name).

Added to that the fact that Barnsley are just s**t and the only way we go down this season is with a points deduction.

Agree with this.

Personally I think there are just too many teams between us and the bottom three, they won't all win enough games and some aren't great sides at all. Yeah we've been awful since Christmas bar one or two games but I still feel we had enough to steer clear of it.

A points deduction changes everything, lose 9 points and then we're right in it and then yeah, it looks a pretty bleak situation. I can't say I'd be feeling confidant about it if that was to happen.

• Like 1

Even in a thread about about potential relegation due to a points deduction; the main focus highlighted is issues with managers, our fans and out of contract players.

DC could literally do anything and still take no blame whatsoever in the eyes of what seems to be a substantial section of our fan base. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1