We’re Going Down

Guest LittleG

Optimist, realist, pessimist.  Optimists think the lay off will have rejuvenated a team that were in freefall and we will be unrecognizable from that struggling side. Realists have us returning in much the same way as we were playing before but having enough in the bank to stay clear of the relegation zone, even with a points deduction. Pessimists insist we will go down no matter what happens, especially when we get screwed by the ELF.

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

There’s no wonder the players give up before they’ve even crossed the white line when half the fans are going off like this 

Here we go.

Its all our own fault. All of those who travel the county every week and pack out away grounds should all be ashamed of yourselves.  And don’t get me started on that Wembley support or your fancy bouncy light show against Brighton...... shameful.

The players will be so thankful for these behind closed doors games.

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 1

Big D is pissed in Gossips at 1am with a mate.

Big D.

'Na den. I tell yu. Weer gooin daan.

Mate

'Mmm'

History fails to record the moment.

Big D is sat at home pissed and has finished with Babestation.

Gets his phone out to broadcast his thoughts to the multitudes.

'Weer gooin daarn '

History captures the thoughts of Big D!

Thank god for social media!

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I got asked at work the other day by a Leeds fan if I was looking forward to the season starting again.  I told him there was no situation in which I didn't see us playing in league 1 next year.  In my mind there are 3 scenarios:

1) We do OK, pull away from the bottom 3 then the EFL hit us with a massive points deduction (~20) that puts us down.

2) We plod on as we have been, end up close to the relegation zone and get a smaller points deduction (~9) that puts us down.

3) We come back with zero desire, lose most of the games and go down on merit, at which point the EFL action becomes worthless and potentially gets rolled in to next season.

I'm actually resigned to the fact.

So you think the independent panel ruling on our case will make a decision to deduct points based on how we do in the next 9 games - huge deduction if we do OK, smaller but still significant deduction if we continue to struggle?

On what basis do you think this is the case, when have they ever made rulings like that?  

Fair enough be pessimistic about results based on what Monk has served up but any belief that the EFL case result will be based upon what points they need to deduct in order to send us down is wild speculation at best.   

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Will be a struggle, especially when news comes out about which players aren’t playing when their contracts run out. 

Most are players that the critics don't want to keep anyway so don't see why it makes any big difference putting fringe players and youngsters in instead in that respect - spend months slagging these players off and saying they are worthless but then moan when they don't agree to play when out of contract seems a bit two faced.

Also, many clubs are in the same boat, some below us in the league have more out of contract players than us, why will it be any different for them?

It's a rubbish situation but not one that is exclusive to us.

11 hours ago, BIG D said:

Let’s face it, the EFL are going to have their day with us aren’t they?

We’ll limp along in our difficult remaining games mustering just enough points to keep out of the relegation zone and then they’ll hit us with a 9 point deduction.

Happy days.

We will get enough points in the final games to avoid relegation even with a points deduction.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

We may be better than them, but will we escape relegation if a points deduction happens? 

I think so. Barnsley and Luton will go regardless. Charlton and Hull are in free fall and we are much better than both them. Don’t forget, Charlton are a number of players down as they won’t play for them again given they are out of contract and Hull have lost their best 2 players in January. 

We have issues at the club, there’s no mistaking this, but we have enough to stay up in my opinion. Fletcher is key and I hope he plays the last 9 games of the season. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

A couple of sensible posts by hirstyboywonder and akbuk have brought some sense to this thread.

We will be fine. There are a lot of clubs in free fall down at the bottom and we are better than them. 

Not with Monk in charge, we won’t. Awful Manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1