We’re Going Down

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

It does look like, the EFL are waiting to see how many points they need to deduct, to get their desired result 

Whatever their desired result maybe 

That’s where it’s all wrong, this should have been sorted before the shutdown. We were charged in November ( I think) they had time to make a decision but no true to EFL balls ups they’ve let it drag on. 

• Like 1

we have been a car crash since carlos the nutter was here the damage was done then and every manager since has had an almost impossible task with embargos unable to spend and left with wasters on wage bill who no1 wants , that don't mean monk is the right man though some of the stuff he does I just don't get , by having a grudge with Hutchinson that could have cost us a few points the difference between us staying up or going down and then we could be in doldrums like sunderland Portsmouth and Coventry for past few years . the Brentford game made no sense either monk player cruz on weds night vs man city and left forestieri out and I was thinking he was rested for Brentford game so much what he does makes no sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would think there is a fair chance of us going down, yeah. Unless we can find the sort of form that had us third at Christmas, we will be in great danger of an EFL sanction finishing us off.  Our form since Christmas has been relegation form anyway, so we can hardly blame the EFL for our demise. 
Were we to be relegated, we would be faced with a bit of a dilemma. Ironically I think Monk would be a more capable manager at that level, and the sort of rebuild needed would be much more doable in League One. Against that, should we entrust any manager who had overseen such a dramatic collapse in form, that meant relegation became a near certainty? 
Although I think relegation is highly likely, it’s something  we have to try and avoid at all costs, as we know how difficult it is to get out of League One. Even for those with more faith in this manager, all I seem to hear is, let him clear these players out, and then see what he can do with his own players.

Fair enough, but none of that helps us now does it, none of that rhetoric inspires confidence in him being able to find the sort of form that will see us beat the drop

Edited by gurujuan

25 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

My sides are actually aching.

I think I am aren’t I? I cant remember, definitely didn't used to be.

lol

I remember being on holiday and getting a message from my Brother that Wednesday fans were being taken to court for comments on here.

I was amazed I wasn’t one of them.

Edited by BIG D

12 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’d be gobsmacked if we start turning in any performances 

Im hoping we can float 12 points adrift and the bottom 3 struggle - we might just scrape by with a points deduction this year 

we could get absolutely pasted at Bristol city and Swansea away ive guessing players will have to be on coach for 5am sunday for upto 5hours travel then play game at 12 noon , as no overnight stay is allowed ,how the bloody hell can that be fair?

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I think I am aren’t I? I cant remember, definitely didn't used to be.

I remember being on holiday and getting a message from my Brother that Wednesday fans were being taken to court for comments on here.

I was amazed I wasn’t one of them.

It will be interesting to see what side the Club is able to put out.

And, whether the enforced break has been a benefit or detriment.

But I concur with your pessimism. 

• Like 1

I got asked at work the other day by a Leeds fan if I was looking forward to the season starting again.  I told him there was no situation in which I didn't see us playing in league 1 next year.  In my mind there are 3 scenarios:

1) We do OK, pull away from the bottom 3 then the EFL hit us with a massive points deduction (~20) that puts us down.

2) We plod on as we have been, end up close to the relegation zone and get a smaller points deduction (~9) that puts us down.

3) We come back with zero desire, lose most of the games and go down on merit, at which point the EFL action becomes worthless and potentially gets rolled in to next season.

I'm actually resigned to the fact.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just not bothered...

Critical thing is our defending which went from excellent to awful from the stoke and Cardiff games onwards . The poor form of the goalie compounded a real drop off from borner, iorfa and Palmer.  If we can rebuild that solidity at the back we will be absolutely fine. We have enough in us to grind out a few results. 

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I got asked at work the other day by a Leeds fan if I was looking forward to the season starting again.  I told him there was no situation in which I didn't see us playing in league 1 next year.  In my mind there are 3 scenarios:

1) We do OK, pull away from the bottom 3 then the EFL hit us with a massive points deduction (~20) that puts us down.

2) We plod on as we have been, end up close to the relegation zone and get a smaller points deduction (~9) that puts us down.

3) We come back with zero desire, lose most of the games and go down on merit, at which point the EFL action becomes worthless and potentially gets rolled in to next season.

I'm actually resigned to the fact.

my thoughts also. EFL will either dock us enough points to send us down or these bunch of waste of space players will do it all themselves by continuing their form since Christmas. 

Just now, mcmigo said:

Critical thing is our defending which went from excellent to awful from the stoke and Cardiff games onwards . The poor form of the goalie compounded a real drop off from borner, iorfa and Palmer.  If we can rebuild that solidity at the back we will be absolutely fine. We have enough in us to grind out a few results. 

Dropping Dawson would be a start. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

Let’s face it, the EFL are going to have their day with us aren’t they?

We’ll limp along in our difficult remaining games mustering just enough points to keep out of the relegation zone and then they’ll hit us with a 9 point deduction.

Happy days.

Come on Wolf, you can do better than that lol

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, camffiti said:

It does look like, the EFL are waiting to see how many points they need to deduct, to get their desired result 

Whatever their desired result maybe 

Wasn't it us who delayed things?