Blackburn issue statement to fans regarding NO to refunds

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Imagine Blackburn then buying a player for £1m in the summer and paying him 20k a week. 

This is what is doing my head in about all this. Clubs saying that refunding what's left on season tickets will cripple them when in reality it's 1 bang average players wages and transfer fee. If 20,000 season ticket holders had a 150 quid refund then that's 3million quid. A 15k a week player on a 4 year contract costs just over that before any purchase fee is taken into account. The board that signed that player would be accused of having little to no ambition. 

7 minutes ago, doubleo said:

High mate. Genuine question - Have I missed something ? Have they released a statement ? I’ve not heard anything from the club and Being cocooned in lockdown I’ve lost track. Or is this just wishful thinking on your part ?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/owls-201920-ticket-update/

Says briefly in this that pro rota refunds will be offered and the club are basically just working out the details.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow that's just dirty

Greed. 
No thought for their fan base. 
Unethical.

At the start of Covid my golf club told all members (and that is no different to a season ticket holder at a football club) to suspend all monthly payments. Those that had already paid in full would get a pro rata reduction on next years fees. Also, knowing people are struggling, they’ve put a price freeze on next years fees.

And guess what, we’re all happy to support our club.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why do you consider donating the money to a charity instead?
Wednesday can afford it.

Possible. Think a fair compromise would be to take it as a credit against shop purchases and use at Christmas. Mother in law must be desperate for an Ian Cranson mouse mat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Is it legal not to give a refund? 

Disgraceful way to treat fans when players are earning what they do and that is paid for by the fans. 

Not just the players wonder how much the bloke who made that decision is on?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Is it legal not to give a refund? 

Disgraceful way to treat fans when players are earning what they do and that is paid for by the fans. 

The way they’ve worded it is that they’re not offering refunds and it’s a bit of a ‘begging statement’ for fans not to ask for refunds.

Reading between the lines, if you demand a refund for the games left....you’ll likely get it. They’re just hoping the majority don’t bother.

• Like 2

Personally I’ll accept a stream for the remainder of this season and re-evaluate what I want to do when the new details are released for the season start.

Due to injury, not been to many games this season at all anyway so being able to stream it actually puts me at an advantage to where I was before 😂😂

Cant wait to watch Pelupessy dribble the ball out of play for no reason in HD.

11 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

The way they’ve worded it is that they’re not offering refunds and it’s a bit of a ‘begging statement’ for fans not to ask for refunds.

Reading between the lines, if you demand a refund for the games left....you’ll likely get it. They’re just hoping the majority don’t bother.

That is how I read it too. A bit like the Barnsley one in that fans can have the money if they request it, but the club is emotionally blackmailing them into not asking for a refund.

It is going to be genuinely quite fascinating and possibly quite depressing to see what comes out of the other side with this.

Clubs going to the wall is very realistic.

May well see a number of clubs lining up with their under 23 side. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It is going to be genuinely quite fascinating and possibly quite depressing to see what comes out of the other side with this.

Clubs going to the wall is very realistic.

May well see a number of clubs lining up with their under 23 side. 

To be honest, something has got to give.