Blackburn issue statement to fans regarding NO to refunds

You've got to think that some clubs are going to go to the wall once this is all done. 

How can some of these sides, particularly in League One/Two, expect to carry on when they face the prospect of having zero fans in attendance for the foreseeable future?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Is it legal not to give a refund? 

Disgraceful way to treat fans when players are earning what they do and that is paid for by the fans. 

Natural justice and the law of the land says that if you've paid for something that is not delivered you are entitled to a refund.  Why should someone earning £15,000 a year continue to pay the wages of someone earning £15,000 a week  when they're not actually doing anything!  Blackburn have an average attendance of about 12,000.  I should think that will drop when normal service is resumed with this outrageous behaviour. So, they may be in financial trouble now, but if only 10% stop going they will be in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bladeshater said:

We are people debating on the goings on at Blackburn I have no concerns at all

I remember thinking as social media started to take off, just as money flowed out of football to agents and anywhere but grass roots football, 'Maybe this will help? Maybe fans will come get together and push for change!' 

Nope. 

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

You've got to think that some clubs are going to go to the wall once this is all done. 

How can some of these sides, particularly in League One/Two, expect to carry on when they face the prospect of having zero fans in attendance for the foreseeable future?

No doubt about it mate,  think there’s a lot of people burying head in sand expecting owners to just foot the bills 

Wont happen, genuinely think we could lose 5-10 clubs across the Football League 

5 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Surely this is a major P & S violation. 12 point deduction, embargo and large fine in order here.

Its much worse than that. P&S is just league rule 

This is  a legal violation of the 2015 consumer rights act. If people want to sue to get  their money back plus any other fees there is absolutely no doubt they would win in a court of law.

7 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

In order to safeguard the future of the club, we would ask supporters to stand with us and not request cash refunds,

Surely they’re saying please don’t ask for refunds not that fans can’t have them.

• Like 1

What an absolute pìss take, is this the Venkys ? Can't remember if they still own Blackburn.

It's a town that is deprived, they dont get many fans, and have had to put up with some proper shyte and yet again its the fans that gets kicked in the bollòcks again....will the players part with some of their wages towards these hardships? 

Edited by TaxiMark

Massive reforms are needed to get football in a better financial place. Clubs should never be screwing their fans over financially. 

• Wage caps need introducing to reduce the main overhead. 
  • Money from the PL needs more even distribution. 
  • Unfair financial advantages which lead to unsustainable spending, like parachute payments, need to stop. This shouldn't stop investment where it can be afforded. 
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Massive reforms are needed to get football in a better financial place. Clubs should never be screwing their fans over financially. 

• Wage caps need introducing to reduce the main overhead. 
  • Money from the PL needs more even distribution. 
  • Unfair financial advantages which lead to unsustainable spending, like parachute payments, need to stop. This shouldn't stop investment where it can be afforded. 

An emergency fund of some sorts needs to come from the top down and be handed out - either as a loan or gesture to keep clubs in desperate need to survive this. 

the only solution is championship clubs downwards all need to go into administration and lose there wage bill ,and then have a future wage bill what is affordable. if that don't happen which wont anyways due to legal reasons then either supporters would have to be let back by September and clubs full revenues come back to a decent level but again that wont be happening either ,so car crash it is. 

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

What an absolute pìss take, is this the Venkys ? Can't remember if they still own Blackburn.

It's a town that is deprived, they dont get many fans, and have had to put up with some proper shyte and yet again its the fans that gets kicked in the bollòcks again....will the players part with some of their wages towards these hardships? 

yes still owned by venkys the same venkys what stung us for £40 at theres this season even though we charged them £33. along with alum at hull who charges kids full adult price and a load more owners , when you think of this lot you then realise chansiri aint all that bad. 

If were talking football reformation then I reckon every club should have to pay a bond to the efl that covers 3 months worth of wages - including all non playing staff. If a club folds then that money pays off the staff.

Edited by Yellowbelly

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am glad Wednesday put this to bed with saying our season ticket holders can request a refund.

High mate. Genuine question - Have I missed something ? Have they released a statement ? I’ve not heard anything from the club and Being cocooned in lockdown I’ve lost track. Or is this just wishful thinking on your part ?