Blackburn issue statement to fans regarding NO to refunds

Rovers would like to reassure supporters that the effects of the Coronavirus on our community are of the upmost concern to everyone at the club and we appreciate that fans and their families will have been presented with financial challenges as a result.

We also appreciate your understanding of the financial issues the club have and are currently facing, as a result of being unable to host supporters inside Ewood Park.

Refunding supporters would come at a significant financial cost to the club, at a time when our revenues have reduced to zero, and would have a serious detrimental effect on the club’s operations going forward. We therefore believe the best value solution for both supporters and the club is providing season ticket holders with free access to all of the remaining live streamed games.

In order to safeguard the future of the club, we would ask supporters to stand with us and not request cash refunds, which will ensure the club remains on the strongest financial footing possible in order to work towards our collective goals as #OneRoversTogether.

• Haha 2

Better worded than Sunderland’s statement but nevertheless, doesn’t surprise me in the slightest to be honest 

Some clubs just won’t have the cash to refund people 

Chansiri is very rich, he'll keep pumping money in to keep us going I'm sure of it.

That's one thing you can't take away from him, I'm not worried about our financial future being affected by Covid like others are.

• Like 4

What does my head in is we had almin abdi earning more in a week than many do a year, certainly more in a month than most in a year. My season tickets paid him less than a days wages. When chansiri belittled our contribution via tickets I assumed he was telling the truth. It amounts to hardly anything, yet some clubs are saying its the be all and end all. Which is it going to be with us I wonder? 

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Rovers would like to reassure supporters that the effects of the Coronavirus on our community are of the upmost concern to everyone at the club and we appreciate that fans and their families will have been presented with financial challenges as a result.

We also appreciate your understanding of the financial issues the club have and are currently facing, as a result of being unable to host supporters inside Ewood Park.

Refunding supporters would come at a significant financial cost to the club, at a time when our revenues have reduced to zero, and would have a serious detrimental effect on the club’s operations going forward. We therefore believe the best value solution for both supporters and the club is providing season ticket holders with free access to all of the remaining live streamed games.

In order to safeguard the future of the club, we would ask supporters to stand with us and not request cash refunds, which will ensure the club remains on the strongest financial footing possible in order to work towards our collective goals as #OneRoversTogether.

The old emotional blackmail route. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Better worded than Sunderland’s statement but nevertheless, doesn’t surprise me in the slightest to be honest 

Some clubs just won’t have the cash to refund people 

Yet they find the cash to pay their players tens of thousands of pounds each week. 

• Like 1

Are Blackburn Rovers and each of the other clubs a business or a charity?

I'm already confused trying to work out the difference between a fan and a customer.

Basically, (1) I pay to watch and (2) the club puts on a show (more or less). If either of those two actions don't happen, then we have a problem.

(PS There are four of us in the household with S/Ts and we've already paid for next season, whenever that will start).