Is Fernando Forestieri on the move?

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The future very bleak under Monk. Ostracising our better players or prepared to let them go in favour of talentless yes men. 

You can say what you want about FF’s past transgressions but we won’t get better on a free or a loan for what with could with him on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

He’s scored 13 goals In the last 3 seasons combined. Even our recruitment team should be able to find a player or players to contribute that for 30k a week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He’s scored 13 goals In the last 3 seasons combined. Even our recruitment team should be able to find a player or players to contribute that for 30k a week.

And how much if that was missed though injury, suspension or not being picked by the manager? 

I think he’s worth another year and if others think we can get better for what we will have to spend in the summer then fair play to them. 

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Nearly 1 in 4 goal ratio for a guy who’s not an out and out striker and has missed games through injury and suspension but he’s clearly not good enough. 

You didn’t answer the question.

Surely out of our 130 games in the last 3 seasons, if he’s our only match winner, there must be several where he changed the game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You didn’t answer the question.

Surely out of our 130 games in the last 3 seasons, if he’s our only match winner, there must be several where he changed the game.

17/18 5 goals in 10 games 27 missed though knee surgery  

18/19 6 goals in 25 games 21 games not in squad  

19/20 2 goals in 17 games 16 games not in squad 

He’s the one player that we have that looks like he can change a game whether from the start or coming off the bench. Most fans would agree so I won’t go on a substitute stat hunt (I’m working here lol) and don’t need to. 

In 12 months time I bet there are posts on here saying I wish we still had him if we let him go. 

Perhaps Rhodes will finally come good and there’s always Big Dave. Better hope we keep Fletcher eh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

And how much if that was missed though injury, suspension or not being picked by the manager? 

I think he’s worth another year and if others think we can get better for what we will have to spend in the summer then fair play to them. 

Surely if he’s missed loads of games through injury and suspension then that’s reason enough to let him go. If the club wants to pay someone over £1million a year to sit at home and not play then that’s a job I’m sure I could do as well. 

As for not being picked by the manager, all I can say is top players through their form and consistency make it very hard for a manager to drop them, apart from the first season he hasn’t done that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Unless Forestieri has known since January he wouldn’t be offered a new deal, I wouldn’t read too much into his house being up for rent. 

He wanted a longer deal than the one he was offered back in Jan.