Is Fernando Forestieri on the move?

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

That fletcher is more important than Hutchinson, and no thats not me dissing Fletcher hes been brilliant this year but without Hutchinson in the midfield we lack bite, passion effort drive and leadership..... we were 3rd at xmas and he played in the majority of the games, hes not played since and we have done what we have done. Not saying this is solely down to Hutchinson but it is a big part.

For all this he doesnt play enough his injury record is shocking when he plays were better and we have been since he signed.

Fletcher after a poor first few seasons has been very good for the last 12 - 18 months but we do now play to his strengths which will help. But he's 34 next and on a lot of money, i think the importance is defo more Hutchinson.

We'll agree to disagree.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, poite said:

Just walked past this in Hillsborough Park. At least that's one who is definitely staying with us. 

fox-hole21.jpg

Was Bannan in?

Guest Ash76

11 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Be a sad day when our best player leaves...I for one expect us to drop through the leagues with the cnt in charge and the cnts like fox "trying hard"

When Fox leaves it'll be cnts like you that come back saying we made a mistake letting him go as he continues to develop into a more than capable player at this level

35 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The future very bleak under Monk. Ostracising our better players or prepared to let them go in favour of talentless yes men. 

You can say what you want about FF’s past transgressions but we won’t get better on a free or a loan for what with could with him on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

Of course we could.

He hardly ever plays, and is rarely influencial when he does.

13 goals and the equivalent of 33 appearances in our last 3 seasons.

If we can’t get better value for (a lot of) money than that we need shooting.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Of course we could.

He hardly ever plays, and is rarely influencial when he does.

13 goals and the equivalent of 33 appearances in our last 3 seasons.

If we can’t get better value for (a lot of) money than that we need shooting.

There won’t be much of a budget this summer IMO. Not many good free agents knocking about. 

FF has his injury problems but still the only game changer we have. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

There won’t be much of a budget this summer IMO. Not many good free agents knocking about. 

FF has his injury problems but still the only game changer we have. 

Which games did he change out of the 120 we have played over the last 3 seasons?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Tbf Monk played Jota at Birmingham and Pablo Hernandez at Leeds of similar ilk.

Forestieri (and others) should take responsibility for own form. Managers don't leave out players that are fit & performing.

Recalled against Charlton, missed a sitter, twisted knee, subbed at HT, out for 2 months. Indicative of how things have been with Forestieri in recent times. 

Some of ours do    :biggrin:

No argument with FF`s recent contribution, just not convinced of Monk` s ability to get the best out of these kind of players, although you rightly point out Hernandez and Jota...…………..(but im guessing neither were asked to play LWB)  so happy if he proves me wrong.

I would be sad to see FF go as I do think he'll finish this season strongly and not too disimillarly to the way he finished 2017/18 when he came back from injury. That said we need to look back at the last three seasons as a whole and he hasn't been anywhere near as influential as he was in his first two seasons when he hit a level of consistency we haven't seen from an attacking player here for Donkey's years.

Sadly the time has come to say goodbye to a fair few players who over the last 5 years or so have had us as close to the premier league as any squad of players we've had in the last 20 years.

As much as we need change, my fear is we're going to see a return to the standard of players that we had in the early noughties, your Ashely Westwood's, Craig Armstrong's, Shefki Kuqi's and we'll end up in league one again just as we did before and Monk has all the trait's of being another Jewell or Yorath and we need to get shut of him before it's too late IMO?

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1