Is Fernando Forestieri on the move?

Guest Kameron

Hope is off as he’s done nowt for a couple of seasons but that is clearly not the house he was posting the lockdown stuff from, the garden in the pictures had grass, that house doesn’t.

TBH from what I have seen from Monk so far I don't think he possesses the managerial nous or imagination to include a player like FF in the first team.

He seems to be very rigid and robotic in terms of team shape and likes "workers"...…………..the only time he strayed from this was the 3-5-2 (which, given the personnel we have is still our best bet ) that he hilariously attempted at Luton with apparently not one jot of preparation going into it.

FF at left wing back...…...I rest my case.

14 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Fletcher wants to finish his career at swfc, his family is settled here,his kids at school are settled here, means nowt that he hasn't signed yet.

Let hope so because if he does sign in 18 days he is out of contract and free to go where ever he wants. There nothing quite like cutting it fine.

I want him to stay as he has been far and away our best player for the last 18 months but unfortunately we cannot offer him the salary he is currently on, because it is deals like his that has got us into the mess we are in financially. But equally he could move to a promotion pushing team or bottom end Premier league team on a free on the same or better money. Footballer are no longer about loyalty unfortunately, the time of one man clubs are over and he has to think for his family - he could move to another team such as Burnley and not have to leave Sheffield. Nigel Pearson manages Watford yet he and his family still live in Sheffield.

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

TBH from what I have seen from Monk so far I don't think he possesses the managerial nous or imagination to include a player like FF in the first team.

He seems to be very rigid and robotic in terms of team shape and likes "workers"...…………..the only time he strayed from this was the 3-5-2 (which, given the personnel we have is still our best bet ) that he hilariously attempted at Luton with apparently not one jot of preparation going into it.

FF at left wing back...…...I rest my case.

Tbf Monk played Jota at Birmingham and Pablo Hernandez at Leeds of similar ilk.

Forestieri (and others) should take responsibility for own form. Managers don't leave out players that are fit & performing.

Recalled against Charlton, missed a sitter, twisted knee, subbed at HT, out for 2 months. Indicative of how things have been with Forestieri in recent times. 

Edited by wilyfox

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Perhaps if more of our players were "trying hard" we wouldnt have two 5-0 defeats in our record books for this season.

Indeed an maybe if Fessi started either of those games instead of being on the Bench we might not have lost so heavily or even we might have scored first then changing the game, but by the time Monk realised once again that he had picked the wrong team and formation at Brentford and brought Fessi on we were already 3-0 down. He didn't even play him at Blackburn.

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Let hope so because if he does sign in 18 days he is out of contract and free to go where ever he wants. There nothing quite like cutting it fine.

I want him to stay as he has been far and away our best player for the last 18 months but unfortunately we cannot offer him the salary he is currently on, because it is deals like his that has got us into the mess we are in financially. But equally he could move to a promotion pushing team or bottom end Premier league team on a free on the same or better money. Footballer are no longer about loyalty unfortunately, the time of one man clubs are over and he has to think for his family - he could move to another team such as Burnley and not have to leave Sheffield. Nigel Pearson manages Watford yet he and his family still live in Sheffield.

Why can’t we offer him the same salary.

Compare his playing time and his goals to the COMBINED playing time and goals of all our other strikers.

Do we want a few good, reliable, costly players?

Or a lot of poor, unreliable cheaper players?

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why can’t we offer him the same salary.

Compare his playing time and his goals to the COMBINED playing time and goals of all our other strikers.

Do we want a few good, reliable, costly players?

Or a lot of poor, unreliable cheaper players?

Because we cannot afford to risk it.

We are in that much of a finance mess that we need players that can play 40+ games a season and unfortunately with all the good Fletcher brings to the team he is very injury prone, 38/46, 19/46, 40/46, 26/37 the league games he has played

We need to be able to build a squad of 20+ players if we start next season with the squad finishing this we have 14 players if not giving fletcher £30k+ a week means we can sign 3 players on £10k a week to fill 3 spots then unfortunately that will have to happen.    

• Like 1

Just now, room0035 said:

We are in that much of a finance mess that we need players that can play 40+ games a season and unfortunately with all the good Fletcher brings to the team he is very injury prone, 38/46, 19/46, 40/46, 26/37 the league games he has played

We need to be able to build a squad of 20+ players if we start next season with the squad finishing this we have 14 players if not giving fletcher £30k+ a week means we can sign 3 players on £10k a week to fill 3 spots then unfortunately that will have to happen.    

Those stats look pretty reasonable to me apart from one season.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Find us a terrific striker with those availability stats over the last two seasons.

10 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Those stats look pretty reasonable to me apart from one season.   

They are but if he is our only Striker because we spend all our money on him he needs to be playing 46 games every season.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

No Chance what ?

That fletcher is more important than Hutchinson, and no thats not me dissing Fletcher hes been brilliant this year but without Hutchinson in the midfield we lack bite, passion effort drive and leadership..... we were 3rd at xmas and he played in the majority of the games, hes not played since and we have done what we have done. Not saying this is solely down to Hutchinson but it is a big part.

For all this he doesnt play enough his injury record is shocking when he plays were better and we have been since he signed.

Fletcher after a poor first few seasons has been very good for the last 12 - 18 months but we do now play to his strengths which will help. But he's 34 next and on a lot of money, i think the importance is defo more Hutchinson.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

LOL Not gonna happen in this day and age.  Anyway we have Cruz.

Cruz is on loan and do you want to pay anything for him - I would rather play Jack Stobbs he is that bad