@owlstalk

The Wednesday Week Landing Sheffield Wednesday Exclusives

TWW.jpg

THE WEDNESDAY WEEK 

It's time to fire up your podcast players and check out The Wednesday Week podcast who are landing some cracking exclusive chats with former Wednesday players and managers, and not just the usual players that everyone chats to. It's always good to mix it up a bit and that's exactly what they've been doing, pulling in people who you don't always hear from to get their memories of Sheffield Wednesday, their time at the club, and life since leaving The Owls

In the last few weeks alone they've had Miguel Llera, Craig Armstrong, Mark Crossley, Jon Newsome, Sean McAllister and Matthew Hamshaw.

These exclusives are a cracking listen for anyone on the move, or someone who wants to listen to some exclusive Sheffield Wednesday content in the background whilst they chill out/work

You can find The Wednesday Week on all the usual podcast channels or open a new tab and listen to it right here on Owlstalk in the background!

Enjoy....

• Like 2

Cheers mate

• Like 1

Hamshaw and Crossley will be up shortly!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Whats exclusive about these interviews? I am sure that all of the the former players listed would be happy to talk to anyone about football and their time at Sheffield Wednesday. The Wednesday week simply asked and they said yes, as they would to just about any other media who has a listenership or viewed output.

Exclusive My ****

Edited by mark1948
Typo

11 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Whats exclusive about these interviews? I am sure that all of the the former players listed would be happy to talk to anyone about football and their time at Sheffield Wednesday. The Wednesday week simply asked and they said yes, as they would to just about any other media who has a listenership or viewed output.

Exclusive My ****

Jesus Christ - why the hate?

PS - I'm not quite sure you understand what an exclusive is mate..

No in fact I'm SURE you don't understand what an exclusive is.

lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jesus Christ - why the hate?

PS - I'm not quite sure you understand what an exclusive is mate..

No in fact I'm SURE you don't understand what an exclusive is.

lol

Sorry old boy just fed up of journo's exaggerating stuff, there's a lot of it around at the moment Why couldn't  The Wednesday week simply say we have very interesting interviews with, whoever, instead of making it sound like the scoop of the century. There probably wasn't a queue lining up to interview these guys, exclusive implies that the interview was given against competition from other outlets. Please don't read hate into my post I have never hated anyone or anything in my life. Dislike on occasions yes but hate... never.

7 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Sorry old boy just fed up of journo's exaggerating stuff, there's a lot of it around at the moment Why couldn't  The Wednesday Week simply say we have very interesting interviews with, whoever, instead of making it sound like the scoop of the century. There probably wasn't a queue lining up to interview these guys, exclusive implies that the interview was given against competition from other outlets. Please don't read hate into my post I have never hated anyone or anything in my life. Dislike on occasions yes but hate... never.

No problem

It was me that wrote the 'exclusive' thing, simply because it's an exclusive interview that they landed and put out.

It wasn't anything to do with The Wednesday Week - I wrote the headline/link and stand by it. It's honestly nothing to get all wound up about. Just listen to the podcast and enjoy it 🙂

• Like 1

Without having the social interaction of colleagues during this work at home period, The Wednesday Week podcasts have been great. Just put in my headphones and work away on my laptop.

It is really refreshing to hear a footballer speak, without the pressure of a media manager behind them, so you get to hear about a fall out, or how they were actually feeling about being dropped, or missing out on a big game. The Matt Hamshaw interview last week could have gone on for another 2 hours and it still would have been too short. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've enjoyed these and other similar podcasts whilst there hasn't been any football on.

I was shown the lady who is on the podcasts being quite sarcastic about a journalist who reported a Matthew Hamshaw story and even offered to send her the interview he did with him months ago as proof.  Came across a bit immature.  

But good work

Enjoyed listening to Jon Newsome there.

• Like 2

Thanks. Didn’t know about this podcast.

Crossley is usually a great listen - not heard this one yet, but the ones he did with Under the Cosh were great. 

• Like 2

On 11/06/2020 at 11:57, s63owl said:

Without having the social interaction of colleagues during this work at home period, The Wednesday Week podcasts have been great. Just put in my headphones and work away on my laptop.

It is really refreshing to hear a footballer speak, without the pressure of a media manager behind them, so you get to hear about a fall out, or how they were actually feeling about being dropped, or missing out on a big game. The Matt Hamshaw interview last week could have gone on for another 2 hours and it still would have been too short. 

Thank you. It DID go on for another 2 hours off Facebook lol

On 11/06/2020 at 12:08, thebizzle said:

I've enjoyed these and other similar podcasts whilst there hasn't been any football on.

I was shown the lady who is on the podcasts being quite sarcastic about a journalist who reported a Matthew Hamshaw story and even offered to send her the interview he did with him months ago as proof.  Came across a bit immature.  

But good work

We don't get paid for what we do.. 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2020 at 11:08, mark1948 said:

Exclusive My ****

Chill out, it's only a bit of fun during lockdown.

Also - if it was that simple it would be great... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

T

• Haha 1

The mention of Mark Crossley gives me an excuse for another outing of one of my favourite Wednesday statistics. He made as many appearances in the first team (19) as striker Barry Corr, yet got more goals than him.

:biggrin:

• Haha 3