Gary Rowett

Just been on sky sports. Listened to how he views the game and his positive attitude, also how he has brought the best out of that Milwall Squad.

I wanted us to go for him after Bruce left but now it is even more apparent that we should have as were left with the inept Monk.

Cant believe Chansiri wouldnt even talk to him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Really??? Give monk time n back him FFS. 

I'm not for chopping and changing managers but Monk has a lot to prove we have been truly awful since Christmas. Before that our results were a lot better than our performances and that usually catches up with you. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Really??? Give monk time n back him FFS. 

Really, Monk's had enough time for me. Should have been gone long ago.

This is not a reaction i didnt want him in the first place but got behind him... (i didn't want him as he has never had any longevity, he has always gone off the boil and never got it back but most of all his style of football is poor) and we initially looked organised and won games through that even tho we were not good to watch. But then as it has in the past with him its all gone wrong only this time its gone very quick. He should have gone ages ago.

Rowett on the other hand plays a decent brand of football and has always over achieved over a longer period of time, Stoke was the worry but as we have seen its a Stoke issue more than a manager issue.

Defo wrong Garry for me and we wouldnt get him now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This is not a reaction i didnt want him in the first place but got behind him... (i didn't want him as he has never had any longevity, he has always gone off the boil and never got it back but most of all his style of football is poor) and we initially looked organised and won games through that even tho we were not good to watch. But then as it has in the past with him its all gone wrong only this time its gone very quick. He should have gone ages ago.

Rowett on the other hand plays a decent brand of football and has always over achieved over a longer period of time, Stoke was the worry but as we have seen its a Stoke issue more than a manager issue.

When you say he should have gone ages ago,how long ago was the "ages",hes been here 9 months ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Come on...both were uninspiring choices, rowetts stock will fall sooner rather than later.  such short term thinking by some fans. 

Can you let me know why you think this ?? 

Bar Stoke which i have eluded to above he has been at jobs a while and always done better than expected ?

there weren't many moans about Monk when we were sat 3rd in the league or after we went to Leeds and won 2-0

for whatever reason the wheels have come off from January onwards and whilst the manner of some of the defeats has been pitiful I still think Monk deserves a bit more of a chance

the enforced break may have done us good. if we are as crap as we were post lockdown then maybe we do have to look at the situation but if not I think he needs at least another transfer window to try and build his own team. that also means bringing in his own coaching staff and not the useless ones he's inherited 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Come on...both were uninspiring choices, rowetts stock will fall sooner rather than later.  such short term thinking by some fans. 

There lies the hub of the problem.

Some fans will never accept Monk and state his past record, yet call for Rowett with a similar record.

Didn't he get sacked from Birmingham and Stoke?.

Rowett's record so far with Millwall is similar to Monks 1st few months with us, new manager syndrome, it takes time, not a couple of months, to rebuild a squad.

• Like 1

Was thinking this myself. My mate who is a Millwall fan can't speak highly enough of Rowett. After Houghton, he was the next best available and we didn't bother.

We definitely got the wrong Gary imo.

(Hope this comes back to haunt me and I am completely wrong.)

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Doesn't that apply to us as well?.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So six months is a long enough tenure for you then,awesome,wonder why we don't just hire and fire every six months.

In this case yes. As i said in the thread my fears came true a lot quicker than even i expected. It was the wrong appointment. The amount of time is irrelevant 

• Haha 1

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Doesn't that apply to us as well?.

Not really, we have a job on our hands but a good manager in Bruce managed to get us going. Stoke are like we were when we got relegated from the premier league all those years ago. We could have got Alex Ferguson to manage us and we wouldnt have been able to stop the slide.