Matty Fryatt

There will be hundreds of players who feel like this.  The difficulty will be proving Forest did anything wrong.

If he can do that this could be the Bosman moment.

I doubt it though.  He'll either get an out of court settlement to keep him quiet or nothing.

Just not bothered...

Can of worms - truly

I already know one of the best knee surgeons in the world has stopped treating PL players because of the potential for frivolous lawsuits

Wherever there is loads of cash there will be vultures

the Fryatt case needs to be booted out

Ultimately the decision whether he played or not was his - he always had the option to not play

The fact he continued to play was his choice 

I hate these revisionist alternate realities.

Unless he can prove that vital information was witheld from him

In which case i fully support him - but that does not seem to be the case in the article

And also lets think about all those players that would continue to play despite medical advice to the contrary

But i suppose we go back to the premise that the only important thing in football are the players

Nothing else is important

• Like 1

Physio, club Doctor will have been involved and an ongoing situation will have been met by a myriad of scans and consultant appointments.

I find it almost beyond comprehension that Fryatt chose to listen only to the advice of his employers so far down the road choosing to play through the pain for so long. There is a level of responsibility we all must take regarding our own health and safety and Fryatt should have triggered it by insisting on not only one but  further opinions of experts. Raising the question of what client interest was his agent taking.

If and it is a massive 'if', if Forrest chose not to refer Fryatt to Secondary hospital care, then he may have a case. But I don't see a Football league club being that lax.     

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1