Garry Monks Contract

After 9 pages no one has come up with a manager who will do any better, a realistic manager not some one from the fantasy of the mind.

Houghton will not touch us, I believe neither will Pullis, Megson or the rest of the boys on the roundabout

Come on Hirsty, put your money where your mouth is, just WHO is this messianic manager you have up your sleeve who is going to turn this pile of ageing overhyped injury prone squad into a promotion chasing team?.

12 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

After 9 pages no one has come up with a manager who will do any better, a realistic manager not some one from the fantasy of the mind.

Houghton will not touch us, I believe neither will Pullis, Megson or the rest of the boys on the roundabout

Come on Hirsty, put your money where your mouth is, just WHO is this messianic manager you have up your sleeve who is going to turn this pile of ageing overhyped injury prone squad into a promotion chasing team?.

Unfortunately, as I have said in this thread, the difficulty in replacing him this season is the pending EFL case. If we come out the other side of that still in this division and not under a points deduction the options open up.

I've said before Mick McCarthy is a far better option regardless but if we are in a strong position come August more manager will be interested. 

So really you, like the rest of us, have no idea who would come.

I would like some one to come and concentrate on building the club as much as the 1st team, if not more, for lasting success. "The lowest ebb" just shows how badly this club has been run over the last 50 + years, not just the last 5 months, and the lack of any long distance planning for the future of the club. Who's to say Monk is not that man or the bloke working in the chippy (Elvis).

Whoever comes in, or stays, they have one hell of a job on their hands. I don't envy them.

Edited by adelphi1867

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I would like some one to come and concentrate on building the club as much as the 1st team, if not more, for lasting success. "The lowest ebb" just shows how badly this club has been run over the last 50 + years, not just the last 5 months, and the lack of any long distance planning for the future of the club. Who's to say Monk is not that man or the bloke working in the chippy (Elvis).

Whoever comes in, or stays, they have one hell of a job on their hands. I don't envy them.

Of course we don't have any idea who would come, but as I say the club as a whole could be a far more attractive prospect once the EFL case is determined so it would be difficult to justify making a move before that.

I just think it would be a mistake and more time wasted allowing Monk to try and do any rebuild and take the team forward. Yes we all want a bit of continuity and a settled approach but there is no point in going for that with the wrong man, we tried that with Jos by giving him longer because he finished 2017-18 well and it didn't work.

Monk has done nothing in his managerial career or his time with us to show he is making positive progress and will do any better than Jos. 

36 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

The issue isn’t who isn’t in the managers seat, it’s higher up the chain. 
We were effectively a rich kids toy, then he realised - too late - that a business needs a sustainable income policy.

In that fifty years you refer to we have actually infrequently seen the best of times. What’s so infuriating, is that the current circumstances were totally avoidable, the best of times are just a distant memory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bruce had us competitive in every game and we won 7, drew 7 and lost 4 under him. We didn’t roll over in any of the games. We actually looked a pretty decent side which just lacked a bit of a killer instinct to convert some of the draws. Should have also beat Villa and Norwich really on the day. But you could see what we were trying to do and it felt like we were building towards something 

Monk has been the complete opposite with too many terrible performances to list.

To be fair to Monk I can't remember any games before Christmas where we rolled over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Weird how that same group of players gave a tóss when Bruce (and even Bullen) was in charge. If Monk can’t manage footballers then he should have a serious think about whether football management is for him

Do you reckon they gave a throw when Bullen was in charge?

It looked to me like they threw the guy under a bus and it also looked like he knew it.

13 minutes ago, prowl said:

It looked to me like they threw the guy under a bus and it also looked like he knew it.

Which ones? Bullen appears to have a good relationship with many of the players.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Dunno really mate. It’s difficult to prove that the players don’t give a throw, it could just as easily be argued that poor performances are a result of poor coaching, motivation, man-management, match preparation, tactics, etc

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Any evidence to confirm this? 

The major reason Beattie and the others didn’t come was because Monk only signed a 1 year deal here and the Birmingham lads had 3 years left.  

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Which ones? Bullen appears to have a good relationship with many of the players.

Probably the ones Monk wanrts rid of.

Without being in the dressing room none of us know, it's all theories.

On 06/06/2020 at 18:14, adelphi1867 said:

OK!. Monk goes, who come's in?.

Who is out there to do the job, which 'Name' manager want's the job?.

It's no good just saying 'Sack the manager' with out having some one come in to fill the role until the next time we have a run of bad result's.

I have just finished reading 'Our lowest ebb', 1973-76, 47 years ago, and guess what, in all that time we, as a club and fans, have learned absolutely nothing.

We are in nearly as bad a situation now as we were then.

47 friggin years and we have built nothing to move the club forwards both on and off the field of play.

I blame Monk and DC for it all.

I genuinely think I could do a better job than Monk. They won’t be queuing for the job anymore but anyone is better. He has to go.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We weren't great at home even in the first half of the season. We were never that good to watch but were effective, largely due to the great form of Fletcher. Teams then started to tag onto the way we played and combat this, monk has not managed an effective alternative approach since and Fletcher getting injured compounded this.

Results were bound to slide without Fletcher but not to the extent we have seen, getting outplayed by the bottom 6 and hammered by others regularly. 

It was more than this. The style of football was boring as sin but we were organised, people worked hard and we were compact.

Something has happened because since Xmas all that has gone, even the players not exiled have stopped playing, putting the effort in and working for Monk. This is my point there’s a lot of them players still

here next year - they won’t work for him

now and they won’t going forward.

he needs to go ASAP 

• Like 1