Chris Brunt Leaves WBA - Should We?

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We are not a bloody "rest home"....he was good for us...he was good for West brom...he's now 35...and West Brom don't want him...

it doesn't follow that we take him back.....Its the sort of mistake we make...bloody memories of what were.....

yes we are......he’d fit in a treat 😎

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Remember kids..

As a Sheffield Wednesday fan the ONLY people you should ever consider us bringing to the club are:

1) Ex Players to play for us again
2) Ex Players to manage us (no other candidates should ever be considered)
3) Ex Managers to come back and manage us again (No matter how bad things were when they left)

It's crucial you all stick to the plan. 

Under no circumstances must you EVER be forward thinking, innovative, imaginative or sensible

*END OF SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*

Sarky git... I go to all this effort, just to be trolled. 👅

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Looks like you're gonna be disappointed then.

Are you making genuine ITK claims?

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Keep it quiet man, bloody hell.

Quality wise he would be great, but then the likes of George Boyd and Dave Jones had great quality and we signed them at the point where they were coming down the other side of the hill. 

Anything above £20K a week would be madness in our financial predicament.  

I would take him. We are crying out for an experienced player and one that knows the club is even better. 

Was watching Gareth Barry being interviewed the other day and thinking that's what we need. A Gareth Barry or James Milner type round the dressing room. Something who is really respected by all the players but also respects whatever the manager tells him to do and would act for the manager not against him.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I would take him. We are crying out for an experienced player and one that knows the club is even better. 

Was watching Gareth Barry being interviewed the other day and thinking that's what we need. A Gareth Barry or James Milner type round the dressing room. Something who is really respected by all the players but also respects whatever the manager tells him to do and would act for the manager not against him.

David Jones?

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

David Jones?

Not in the same mold as Barry or Milner is he. And the only reason I would suggest Brunt is because he knows the club.

We also dont know what influence he had on the dressing room. And one things for sure we need to replace Semedo and Loovens in that respect.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Not in the same mold as Barry or Milner is he. And the only reason I would suggest Brunt is because he knows the club.

We also dont know what influence he had on the dressing room. And one things for sure we need to replace Semedo and Loovens in that respect.

Brunt is not in the same mould either, how would being here in 2007 give him any real advantage in terms of where we are now? Different owner, different structure different players.

What do you think would be a reasonable wage to pay him? We are spending more than 100% of our income on wages and in the past 5 years have been among the worst in the division for recouping money from player sales. On this basis how can it be a good move to sign a 35-year-old with no sell on value who has been earning Premier League wages for a decade?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Brunt is not in the same mould either, how would being here in 2007 give him any real advantage in terms of where we are now? Different owner, different structure different players.

What do you think would be a reasonable wage to pay him? We are spending more than 100% of our income on wages and in the past 5 years have been among the worst in the division for recouping money from player sales. On this basis how can it be a good move to sign a 35-year-old with no sell on value who has been earning Premier League wages for a decade?

Stop being negative

We could easily afford to pay him the massive money he'd want by just putting the ticket prices up

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Stop being negative

We could easily afford to pay him the massive money he'd want by just putting the ticket prices up

Surely he's prepared to take a huge cut in wages and sign just because he loves the club??????

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I always get confused by this statement.

Knows the club?

In what way?

The Chairman? The Manager? Where the changing rooms are?

lol

Knows where the home dressing room is.

lol

But I think what I really mean is it gives him another few months of grace before we all want him out of the club for not being as good as Ronaldo is at 35.