GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

1 minute ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Err, not really.

*sigh*

Ok then... let's look at what I said and what you THINK I said...

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He'll be alright here then given that the manager of Sheffield Wednesday isn't the one who identifies/signs the players

15 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Chansiri has repeatedly said the manager always has the final say on signings.

So yes.

I was 100% accurate

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Which is different to to being able to sign who he wants .... .....from what chansiri said  the manager says what position he wants to strengthen his advisors Identify some who they think fits the bill  and he chooses from the list ..   

• Like 2

On 21/06/2020 at 04:18, torryowl said:

how can he do that when he cant buy anyone ,he cant sell anyone and  as to reduce the wage bill ….as for his record I don't think he;s ever been relegated and if we can avoid that under the present confines then that's a result …...a lot wanted the cowley brothers when we appointed monk they have a lot more to work with than monk as and sit well below us . they may be better than him, I don't know but they  like him can only work with what they have . …..everyone wants it right away and unless your very lucky that doesn't happen very often . 

But he has brought players in, but they haven’t been good enough, and he hasn’t picked them. He has “ got rid of” players though, hutch ff and Westwood to name three. And he’s agreed contracts wit( pelepussy, fox and Dawson. That doesn’t look like a manager with good judgement to me.

• Like 2

I had a good conversation with @FootballTyper about Monk on Twitter the other day. He put up a strong defence for Monk and in all honesty some of the facts he put in front of me were hard to argue with. He might yet prove to be a good manager for us but personally I would prefer someone with a larger than life personality that has us playing attractive attacking football.

Edited by Jim

23 hours ago, Jim said:

I had a good conversation with @FootballTyper about Monk on Twitter the other day. He put up a strong defence for Monk and in all honesty some of the facts he put in front of me were hard to argue with. He might yet prove to be a good manager for us but personally I would prefer someone with a larger than life personality that has us playing attractive attacking football.

I'm hoping that Monk will be the manager that will start the clear out. No sentiment, just get the deadwood, trouble makers and dross gone.

16 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I'm hoping that Monk will be the manager that will start the clear out. No sentiment, just get the deadwood, trouble makers and dross gone.

This job is a poisoned chalice in so many ways. In my time as a fan only Charlton, Wilkinson, Francis And Laws have done 3 years or more in the job in the best part of 40 years. Does anyone give Monk any chance of doing 3 years or more in the job?

On 19/06/2020 at 07:28, gurujuan said:

The problem is that this is such a pivotable moment. You don’t get many opportunities to totally revamp the squad, but that opportunity comes with a huge amount of responsibility. Say he overhauls the whole set up, players, coaching staff etc, and we don’t see any tangible improvement, what do we do then? 
I’m all for continuity, and I don’t like chopping and changing all the time, managers or players, but sometimes you have to work with what you have. So far, Monk has shown that he isn’t that type of manager. It’s essential, going forward, that we have such a manager, or else we have to go through the same process every 12 months. I’m not a fan of Monk, or the way he plays his football, and am more than a bit concerned that any new footballing philosophy overseen by him, won’t be something I can buy into. These remaining games will be key for me. If he can get us up the table, playing a better brand of football, and most importantly, avoid any confrontation, then I think, yes he deserves a chance to take us forward. No improvement, or disastrously, he takes us down, then surely we cannot contemplate allowing him to take on the rebuild

Some fair points there Guru and I agree with a lot of what you have said but any manager we appoint will be a gamble to a certain degree. I thought we were really lucky to get Bruce and I was certain he’d get it right for us but unfortunately circumstances conspired against us. Cast your mind back to some of the managers being linked with us when Bruce left, they were worrying. I think Monk will get a hard working, honest team together but whether it will be attractive enough, I don’t know. I’d much rather have him than that ex Rangers Portuguese horror show.

Edited by DirtyLeedsOwl

On 21/06/2020 at 19:29, Rodger Wylde said:

He also said at a fans forum that the club had enormous P&S problems when according to the annual accounts he'd sold/bought the stadium a few months before and we'd actually returned a profit for that financial year.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

He also said at a fans forum that the club had enormous P&S problems when according to the annual accounts he'd sold/bought the stadium a few months before and we'd actually returned a profit for that financial year.

He also said that we would be in the premier league by now.

WTF:

Guest Ronson
On 21/06/2020 at 19:51, @owlstalk said:

STOP GETTING THINGS WRONG

FFS

On 21/06/2020 at 19:52, Rodger Wylde said:

STOP POSTING

FFS

You can always tell who's on the sauce on Friday neet, well, I hope you both are.