GARRY MONK - All posts about the Sheffield Wednesday Manager in here

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He'll be alright here then given that the manager of Sheffield Wednesday isn't the one who identifies/signs the players

He doesn't have a record of being successful with players someone else has chosen either. 

I think Gary Monk is an average manager and we have an average squad at best.

idk what he’s meant to do, fans have moaned about every manager we ever had unless they have over achieved.

we called for megsons head cus we were having a bad run, Stuart gray because he’d not taken us too far forward. 

The only season fans have been happy was when CC had us scoring for fun and around the play off spots. 

at some bloody point we have to stick with one of them! 

• Like 4

I give him credit today for not playing Dawson, Pelupessy or Nuhiu. Not so much credit for the first couple of subs he made though. Said it before but he needs his own people to work with, I hope in the summer he can get Beattie etc in. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Love 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk has not shown any signs of improving many players or the performance of the team as a whole - that's his job and that's what I will judge him on. He has no record of sustained success or making the most of a summer transfer window at this level and I'd rather not give him that opportunity here as we are likely to end up in the same position as we did with Jos - needing to get rid halfway through another wasted season. 

how can he do that when he cant buy anyone ,he cant sell anyone and  as to reduce the wage bill ….as for his record I don't think he;s ever been relegated and if we can avoid that under the present confines then that's a result …...a lot wanted the cowley brothers when we appointed monk they have a lot more to work with than monk as and sit well below us . they may be better than him, I don't know but they  like him can only work with what they have . …..everyone wants it right away and unless your very lucky that doesn't happen very often . 

Edited by torryowl
  • Like 1

Just now, full fathom five said:

So what's the point in any of us fans buying tickets on the whim of someone who's got more money than sense?

we buy because its the club we support …..how they are doing  or owns them isn't (or shouldn't ) be a factor .  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how can he do that when he cant buy anyone ,he cant sell anyone and  as to reduce the wage bill ….as for his record I don't think he;s ever been relegated and if we can avoid that under the present confines then that's a result …...a lot wanted the cowley brothers when we appointed monk they have a lot more to work with than monk as and sit well below us . they may be better than him, I don't know but they  like him can only work with what they have . …..everyone wants it right away and unless your very lucky that doesn't happen very often . 

Staying up would be a result when we had 39 points halfway through the season? Getting away with murder this guy. 

Just now, full fathom five said:

And so  it begins, blind faith against all common sense, we might as well have Hitler in charge

if football supporters disregard blind faith and just go on common sense we'd all support man utd …….

• Like 2

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Staying up would be a result when we had 39 points halfway through the season? Getting away with murder this guy. 

I took this season as read (points deduction going our way ) ..I was thinking more the next couple of seasons ….anyone be it  monk or whoever can keep us afloat in the division until we get back on an even keel financially will have been a success 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

39 points by Christmas? 

That's not a bad tally that.

Which manager achieved THAT feat?

The same one that let it crumble so badly since, you live by the sword you die by the sword. All the issues you highlighted as problems at the club as a reason for his current failure were still issues when we was able to manage them in the first half of the season. 

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

39 points by Christmas? 

That's not a bad tally that.

Which manager achieved THAT feat?

Bullen got a quarter of them, 9 points in 6 games. 

Which manager achieved the feat of 9 points in 15 games since Christmas? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, full fathom five said:

So what's the point in any of us fans buying tickets on the whim of someone who's got more money than sense?

I buy a ticket to watch my club play football who the management are who chairman is and who the players are doesn't make any difference to whether I watch the club

• Like 1