Westwood and Hutchinson

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

So The team going from 3rd to 15th picking up 9 points in 45 and conceding 32 goals in 15 games meaning we need to score 3 on average to win a game.

But yeah Westwood deserved to lose his spot what does Dawson deserve with that run of games.

That wasn't the point being made though was it? You said we were 3rd with Westwood in the team, that was incorrect.

To answer your question, as I said in another thread ages ago it makes more sense to call for Wildsmith than Westwood. I don't think Dawson has been anywhere near as bad as people have made out, a lot of the goals we've conceded since Christmas hadn't been down to him. He's often been let down by those in front of him. He's an easy target when the team is in as bad a form as it is and personally I don't think a team has that kind of run of form without multiple factors being to blame. I think the idea that Westwood comes back and all of a sudden we're fine again is unrealistic. Fantastic servant, some fabulous memories but he's not at that level anymore and we need to look to the future.

On 04/06/2020 at 13:42, SiJ said:

People also forget that Westwood was poo this season.

He got dropped and then mysteriously vanished from the first team squad. Must be a coincidence.

When Monk dropped him he was absolutely right to do so as well. 

Monk also mentioned that despite Westwood having a small injury for the next game, he would have dropped him anyway. Softened the blow as it were.m

Did he come back fighting for his shirt? We know the answer, he aura is lingering around the club like a bad smell. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

So The team going from 3rd to 15th picking up 9 points in 45 and conceding 32 goals in 15 games meaning we need to score 3 on average to win a game.

But yeah Westwood deserved to lose his spot what does Dawson deserve with that run of games.

Westwood was utter garbage all season. He cost us plenty of goals . This isn’t about whether Dawson is good enough , it’s about him , and he deffo isn’t. His time came and went long ago . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

KW has made more errors this season than in whole of his Wednesday career. He deserved to be dropped after several clangers.  But crikey, only Dawson could come into the team and make more mistakes and perform much worse.  I keep hearing some people saying “he’s a good goal-keeper”, but he needs to improve no end in my opinion. I am genuinely concerned for us next season if Dawson is our keeper.

I don’t care how good a player used to be in past seasons I care about how good the players are now and potentially on the future. For too long we have been a club that is used as a final payday for has been players.
Also if KW hadn’t spat his dummy out I’m sure over the last few months he would have hit his chance to come back in to the team, instead he spends his time in the stands or watching cheadle.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2020 at 00:48, TomtheOwl95 said:

Westwood hasn't played since West Brom back in November. Dawson has been in goal since then and was a key part of the team in that run that reached 3rd in the league.

Whatever your opinion on Dawson, Westwood hasn't had a good season. He deserved to lose his place based on his performances.

based on this season both dawson and westwood have been dreadful , westwood must have cost us at least 6 goals some were truly embarrassing he had to be dropped at the time. now dawson has took westwoods gaffs to new levels , I don't think there is a championship club what would swap there no1 no2 keepers for ours . need to get andy Rhodes back ,since he left our keepers standards have dropped alarmingly , look at wildsmith some of his performances for u23s were horrific the goal he conceded this year vs leeds u23s was laughable . 

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

When Monk dropped him he was absolutely right to do so as well. 

Monk also mentioned that despite Westwood having a small injury for the next game, he would have dropped him anyway. Softened the blow as it were.m

Did he come back fighting for his shirt? We know the answer, he aura is lingering around the club like a bad smell. 

and stuck with him for another year ,we couldn't even let him go for free we probably would have to pay him off to leave . Ireland binned him off a while ago they were sick of paying him to be always unavailable ,it was just a holiday for him when he went off to sit on Irelands bench. 

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

That wasn't the point being made though was it? You said we were 3rd with Westwood in the team, that was incorrect.

To answer your question, as I said in another thread ages ago it makes more sense to call for Wildsmith than Westwood. I don't think Dawson has been anywhere near as bad as people have made out, a lot of the goals we've conceded since Christmas hadn't been down to him. He's often been let down by those in front of him. He's an easy target when the team is in as bad a form as it is and personally I don't think a team has that kind of run of form without multiple factors being to blame. I think the idea that Westwood comes back and all of a sudden we're fine again is unrealistic. Fantastic servant, some fabulous memories but he's not at that level anymore and we need to look to the future.

If Dawson and Wildsmith are the future then god help us, between them they couldn't catch a cold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Westwoods issue is attitude and commitment.

Dawsons is ability and inexperience.

Neither are what we need.

Hopefully Monk is scouting a replacement.

Hopefully Chansiri is doing something right and scouting a replacement for Monk.

Got to agree, Westwood is past, Dawson and Wildsmith aren't up to it.

If there’s any chance, we can find a club for Westwood, we should take it. Just to freshen things up at the club etc.

But I do not want to be relying on Dawson and wildsmith next season. One should go out on loan and the other should be understudy. 

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

How much in wages are we saving for two players who don’t even play? 
£30k a week?

4 or 5 good young players somewhere out there for that.

Gonna be a lot of unemployed footballers soon. 

£50k

Westwood is on £30k per week but he is still contracted to the club until June 2021. Hutch is on £20k per week.

Im sure we will try and find a club for Westwood but it won’t be easy. Just wonder whether Leeds would fancy him if they get promoted?

On 06/06/2020 at 00:48, TomtheOwl95 said:

Dawson has been in goal since then and was a key part of the team in that run that reached 3rd in the league.

13 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fake news... We were 3rd at the end of October, then we drew against Leeds at home, a win would have seen us go top.

Westwood played that game and in every game bar 2 games up to then. So that would suggest it was him that                          was a key part of the team, not CD. 

6 hours ago, james o connor said:

Westwood was utter garbage all season. He cost us plenty of goals.

More fake news..... KW conceded 15 goals in 14 games, averaging 1.07 per game.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

On 04/06/2020 at 13:42, SiJ said:

People also forget that Westwood was poo this season.

He got dropped and then mysteriously vanished from the first team squad. Must be a coincidence.

He made some poor mistakes granted, how many times did he concede, 3 or 5 as we have become accustomed to this year?

13 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

More of the goals in 2020 have been down to Dawson errors than goals conceded in the early part of the season were Westwood's fault. 

4 hours ago, handworth52 said:

based on this season both dawson and westwood have been dreadful , westwood must have cost us at least 6 goals some were truly embarrassing he had to be dropped at the time. now dawson has took westwoods gaffs to new levels , I don't think there is a championship club what would swap there no1 no2 keepers for ours . need to get andy Rhodes back ,since he left our keepers standards have dropped alarmingly , look at wildsmith some of his performances for u23s were horrific the goal he conceded this year vs leeds u23s was laughable . 

This might well be a key point, the standards of all of our goalkeepers have dropped in the past year or 2. 

39 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How much in wages are we saving for two players who don’t even play? 
£30k a week?

4 or 5 good young players somewhere out there for that.

Gonna be a lot of unemployed footballers soon. 

How much money have we wasted on paying these two to sit at home for the last 6 months, while our form has gone down the pan and we've gone from challenging for promotion to worrying about relegation.

14 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Dawson career with the owls he averages nearly 2 goals conceded a game. His distribution is awful and he does not marshal or command his box, he will into but he is not the best player in his position at the club.

You drop Westwood for poor performances, your words not mine then don't drop Dawson for being equally poor instead it turnaround him that's at fault, e anyone to blame but that includes the keeper.

The last 2 seasons comparison as to include more would be really unfair to Dawson.

Dawson 50 goals - 80 goals conceded.

Westwood 34 games - 31 goals conceded.

Putting it simple if we want to win the game with Dawson in goal we will need to score at least 2 goals Westwood has had a few bad performance, but over the season will win us more points that he loses and in the big games is always realised upon. Unfortunately with Dawson and Monk he plays no matter how good bad or indifferent he is.