Westwood and Hutchinson

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

Fortunately Dawson is in the form of his life.

The point stands. You can pretend that wasnt the case should you choose. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

If you’re describing Westwood’s performances this season as poo, how would you describe Dawson’s?

Same goes for you. 

It happens every time the fans favourite player/s are let go.

Waddle.

Hirst.

Sheridan.

Then some of the fans do not give the replacements a chance.

We are entering a time of change and we have no money to try and spend our way forward.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Already signed a pre-contract with another club (my feeling is someone like Fulham), was agreed months ago, hence why his house is up for sale. Prob why Monks frozen him out, as he and the club had wind of it. 

Hutchinsons house has been on the market for months. My brother and his wife went to look at it (they didn't know it was his house until they got there) and the estate agent mentioned the owner has already bought another property. This was back in early Feb, so he's been "gone" since then.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

Hutchinsons house has been on the market for months. My brother and his wife went to look at it (they didn't know it was his house until they got there) and the estate agent mentioned the owner has already bought another property. This was back in early Feb, so he's been "gone" since then.

Ye, Blue Ridge Close in Dore. Thing is how would he know where to buy given he doesn’t know which club he will be at? Unless a deal has already been done ?

On 03/06/2020 at 16:28, MarvelOwls said:

It's a big shame Hutchinson is off. Listened to his podcast interview talking about mental health and how if he had the right manager and set up that it would make a big difference to him. Maybe it wasnt that he was such a bad influence more than he wasnt understood by Monk?

Played less than 50% of league fixtures in the last 4 years. Time to let go of the old mistakes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Ye, Blue Ridge Close in Dore. Thing is how would he know where to buy given he doesn’t know which club he will be at? Unless a deal has already been done ?

That's the one. The estate agent didn't say exactly where he'd gone - maybe they didn't know - but they said "down south".

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

All I know is with Hutchinson and Westwood in the team we won more games, kept more clean sheets and were nearer to the top of the league than the bottom, a lot more than when we have Dawson and Pelupessy instead.

Who on hear can honestly say as of now Dawson and Pelupessy are better players than Westwood and Hutchinson.

This is why Monk will ultimately fail at SWFC he does not pick his best team, he has too many fall outs with senior good players. Every single club he has been at he has done the same think (article below) and eventually within 12 months he is gone leaving other to sort out the mess he has made. The only difference with us is he has no money to waste here because we don't have any.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/analysis/want-me-to-leave-wednesdays-westwood-and-hutchinson-arent-the-only-players-banished-by-ruthless-monk/

Football must be the only business where staff have to be seen to be happy. 

I've worked in and managed several teams and apart from one isolated group, at least one person is unhappy with their lot, usually the most vocal and always see themselves as an influencer. No correllation here though is there ?

"Team member is unhappy" - Gasp, Shock Horror.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I wouldn’t read that much into that.. I think you’d only buy if you’re planning on putting down roots somewhere otherwise you’d just rent if you’re expecting to only be there 12 months as it’s too much hassle and costly moving. 

He’s probably bought somewhere closer to home near London with a view to living there after his career. If he signs somewhere else now at his age it’s going to be a 1-2 year thing probably so if he’s not near London he’d probably just rent another place too

13 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Football must be the only business where staff have to be seen to be happy. 

I've worked in and managed several teams and apart from one isolated group, at least one person is unhappy with their lot, usually the most vocal and always see themselves as an influencer. No correllation here though is there ?

"Team member is unhappy" - Gasp, Shock Horror.

Westwood Hutch in the team - 3rd in the league pushing for promotion.

Dawson, Pelupessy and the rest of Monk favourite in the team, 9 points from 45 and plummeting into relegation trouble.

But I am sure it is all the players fail - it is they are not good enough.

15 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Played less than 50% of league fixtures in the last 4 years. Time to let go of the old mistakes. 

Why's that then, it's because daft  managers wouldn't play him, not through injuries of suspension.

Once Jos had gone he played in 90% of games last season. 

Similarly this season he played in over 92% of matches up to the end of the 2019 before Frozen 2.

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

People also forget that Westwood was poo this season.

He got dropped and then mysteriously vanished from the first team squad. Must be a coincidence.

No he hasn't.

I can remember a poor game at West Brom. but what other games was he 'poo'.

In probably our best home performance this season against Leeds he was brilliant.

We rarely conceded more than 1 and never more than 2 in a game when he played. When was the last time we conceded 5 with KW in the team?

As much as I think CD is a good keeper, he has been poor on the whole.

For an example would KW have invited Tomlin to score the free kick in an empty goal like Dawson did with his positioning at Cardiff? Basic errors.

None of the goalies are any good, nor are any of the defensive midfielders. We are better off getting rid of the exiled gruesome twosome as well as their wretched replacements and starting again. Sadly only jock McMad, the part time coach of Shetland league 3 champions mcsporran rovers would be interested in taking any of these losers off our hands. In any case, given we have now ‘ tied down ‘ butterfingers Dawson and Joey the ghost onto new contracts it’s too late anyway.

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

Westwood Hutch in the team - 3rd in the league pushing for promotion.

Dawson, Pelupessy and the rest of Monk favourite in the team, 9 points from 45 and plummeting into relegation trouble.

But I am sure it is all the players fail - it is they are not good enough.

Westwood hasn't played since West Brom back in November. Dawson has been in goal since then and was a key part of the team in that run that reached 3rd in the league.

Whatever your opinion on Dawson, Westwood hasn't had a good season. He deserved to lose his place based on his performances.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No he hasn't.

I can remember a poor game at West Brom. but what other games was he 'poo'.

In probably our best home performance this season against Leeds he was brilliant.

We rarely conceded more than 1 and never more than 2 in a game when he played. When was the last time we conceded 5 with KW in the team?

As much as I think CD is a good keeper, he has been poor on the whole.

For an example would KW have invited Tomlin to score the free kick in an empty goal like Dawson did with his positioning at Cardiff? Basic errors.

It’s been done a number of times in various threads but two off the top of my head are Fulham and Swansea at home. There were about 5-6 games where he made glaring errors this season.

11 minutes ago, 83owl said:

It’s been done a number of times in various threads but two off the top of my head are Fulham and Swansea at home. There were about 5-6 games where he made glaring errors this season.

KW has made more errors this season than in whole of his Wednesday career. He deserved to be dropped after several clangers.  But crikey, only Dawson could come into the team and make more mistakes and perform much worse.  I keep hearing some people saying “he’s a good goal-keeper”, but he needs to improve no end in my opinion. I am genuinely concerned for us next season if Dawson is our keeper.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

12 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Westwood hasn't played since West Brom back in November. Dawson has been in goal since then and was a key part of the team in that run that reached 3rd in the league.

Whatever your opinion on Dawson, Westwood hasn't had a good season. He deserved to lose his place based on his performances.

So The team going from 3rd to 15th picking up 9 points in 45 and conceding 32 goals in 15 games meaning we need to score 3 on average to win a game.

But yeah Westwood deserved to lose his spot what does Dawson deserve with that run of games.