Westwood and Hutchinson

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We don’t want winners playing for us, much better to have nice men like Pessy in the side. 

I know what you mean. Both Westwood and hutch have been very good players for Wednesday but are probably difficult to manage, something that Jos and Monk have struggled with. 

Joey is probably a good lad and great in the dressing room and training but he’s clearly not good enough for us or even the championship. Very strange extension from Wednesday. I really don’t know what to make of it to be honest. 

• Like 1

Westwood has the potential to be one of Sheffield Wednesday’s most influential midfielders ever. His shooting and passing skills, his tenacious tackling, his

Bloody hell. Thought this was the Pelupessy thread.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

We don’t want winners playing for us, much better to have nice men like Pessy in the side. 

Remind me what we have won.

A fun afternoon out at the Green Man in London?

And a ride home in a coach in 25 degree heat with no air conditioning.

Hutch couldn't even win us a penalty shootout.

Wonderful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Remind me what we have won.

A fun afternoon out at the Green Man in London?

And a ride home in a coach in 25 degree heat with no air conditioning.

Hutch couldn't even win us a penalty shootout.

Wonderful.

And you think we will achieve anything similar with the players we currently have playing for us. You will be crying out for days on that coach in the coming years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MarvelOwls said:

It's a big shame Hutchinson is off. Listened to his podcast interview talking about mental health and how if he had the right manager and set up that it would make a big difference to him. Maybe it wasnt that he was such a bad influence more than he wasnt understood by Monk?

Already signed a pre-contract with another club (my feeling is someone like Fulham), was agreed months ago, hence why his house is up for sale. Prob why Monks frozen him out, as he and the club had wind of it. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And you think we will achieve anything similar with the players we currently have playing for us. You will be crying out for days on that coach in the coming years. 

That makes no sense at all.

You're right, they'll be no trips to London in the future.

And none for the last two years of trying to get a tune out of that squad that made the play-offs.  In the meantime these players are getting older and slower and their value is gradually going down.  This last two years has been like a migraine and continuing to take the same medication in a different way.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Already signed a pre-contract with another club (my feeling is someone like Fulham), was agreed months ago, hence why his house is up for sale. Prob why Monks frozen him out, as he and the club had wind of it. 

Previously linked with QPR as I recall. 

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

The same Sam Hutchinson that criticised the club for having to train daily in one interview, and then said he's not happy if he doesn't train and needs to push himself in another? 

You do realise there are different types of training.

Ledley King never trained on the pitch but always trained in the gym. Guess we will never know but it never stops people.

I'll always respect Hutch. It's easy to forget that his career was almost over before it had begun and when he arrived here, it was touch and go how many appearances he would actually go on to make for us but in all fairness he's been a better player for us than anyone could've imagined when he first signed. I don't agree with the way first Lukuhay and now Monk have marginalised him but I accept his Wednesday Career is sadly coming to an end.

As for Westwood, he's still the best keeper at the club. The last two seasons have shown us Dawson isn't a championship standard keeper. Let's face it with him in goal all last season we would've gone down and we still could this if Monk perseveres with him. Wildsmith could be Westwood's long term successor as when he's played he hasn't IMO looked as lost and fragile as Dawson has. We haven't had as many heavy defeats with him in goal. I still feel we need a championship experience keeper going forward.

Edited by Jim
  • Like 1

Guest wilyfox
21 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

You do realise there are different types of training.

Ledley King never trained on the pitch but always trained in the gym. Guess we will never know but it never stops people.

Ledley King had no knee cartilage left. Different people, different injuries.

Never stops people what? ..pointing out his own contradiction? He used to praise Carlos for working him hard, saying he was in the shape of his life. Had a career as a result. Now it's a reason for criticism?

Smacks of...manager plays me, train hard is good. Manager doesn't play me, train hard is bad. 

6 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

You are probably right. Guess we will see in the next couple of months

will be pretty annoying seeing Hutch play for another Championship club when we are having to witness that waste of space Pessy playing for us. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

will be pretty annoying seeing Hutch play for another Championship club when we are having to witness that waste of space Pessy playing for us. 

No it won’t. Sick of hearing about the pair of them . Both the wrong side of 30 . Both well and truly seen better days . Both better off moving on. We will continue to be crap . It won’t be for missing these two has been a though 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No it won’t. Sick of hearing about the pair of them . Both the wrong side of 30 . Both well and truly seen better days . Both better off moving on. We will continue to be crap . It won’t be for missing these two has been a though 

yeah we will continue to be crap and that will because of not having quality in the side which these 2 where and instead having crap like Pessy and the nowhere near good enough Dawson. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Monk has confirmed Westwood has had an injury even prior to the Corona situation and is currently in rehab so a bit far off match fitness 

Hutchinson he’s confirmed isnt in any plans to come back and he’s said again he’s already spoken to the player 

Now - I’m sure a few months back Westwood didn’t have this injury and was deemed to be poisonous etc on the team? He issued a statement a few months ago and now the music seems to have changed from Monk on him, have they cleared the air - is there a future again for him?

Monk definitely said Westwood was injured. Can't remember which game it was prior to now it was that long ago, Barnsley possibly. But he 100% said it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Ermm...Players can't sign pre contract agreements with other clubs under the F.A.'s jurisdiction (EPL or EFL) until 30 days before the end of their contract. They can sign one with a foreign club within 6 months of the end of their contract

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Ermm...Players can't sign pre contract agreements with other clubs under the F.A.'s jurisdiction (EPL or EFL) until 30 days before the end of their contract. They can sign one with a foreign club within 6 months of the end of their contract

Maybe he's off to Scotland? or Turkey.... lol