Breaking. More players test positive for covid19

Guest freerole
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Clubs weren’t even consulted about timescales to return 

Timescale no..... wanting to restart yes.

1 minute ago, SouthStand75 said:

Monk said last week it was a unanimous decision to finish the season. 

Well its a case of who to believe in this case. Ive no reason to QPR would make it up and Monk is most likely told what to say. Doubt he had much involvement in any talks.

24 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

Monk said last week it was a unanimous decision to finish the season. 

But he has also said he was shocked by the date the EFL had given them with no consultation.

• Like 2

Still surprises me that clubs 'want' to restart. Most have nothing to play for and some everything to lose, with only a small proportion anything to gain.

Be an interesting vote on the 8th, as I suspect what's said in public and private different.

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Wonder what the PFA are doing about the health of their members......too busy ensuring they get paid by clubs with no income... allegedly

Club's don't pay the pfa - players do

30 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

In the interview with the guy from QPR, might even be the same one but not put this in the article, he says they are fully committed to finishing the season, but don't agree the timescale. He sees no issue with going into August, including the contract situation.

There’s going to be mayhem. What was decided one day will be shoved aside the next as the authorities twist and turn to deal with the latest incident.

I get it that from a sporting point of view it would be preferable to finish the season and decide it’s outcomes by playing all the remaining fixtures. However I cannot escape the conclusion that the real reason for attempting to do this is that nobody from the governing body of the Premier League or EFL can face the prospect of dealing with the inevitable and protracted legal fallout from clubs refusing to accept promotion/relegation being decided by any other means. Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some challenge from a relegated club even if the remaining fixtures are played.

Attempting to play the season out looks, from the point of view of the games bosses, the least worst option.