Pelepussy

Guest Grandad

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t see how they can be worse. Pessy doesn’t score, doesn’t create, doesn’t win tackles, all he does is remain fit which is quite easy when you do sod all on the pitch. What could a young lad like Hunt, a player that is very highly regarded do that is worse? 

Really?  So you think every player in League 1, League 2, the conference and beyond, are all better than Pelupessy?

As for what Hunt could do that's worse, he could be worse!  We've seen plenty of players who were worse than Joey.

There is absolutely no logic or reasoning in saying that "they can't be any worse".  Of course they can.  

It's impossible to say if Hunt is better based on the limited amount of time he's had in the first team so I'm not going to do him down.  But if the coaching team don't think he's better than Joey, then I'm going to trust them.  They know more about football than me you and any of the fans!

Just not bothered...

Unfortunately he’s the type of midfield player we had a lot of the last time we were relegated from the Championship. Ineffective, lightweight and often anonymous. 

He’s played 60 odd times in the 2 years he’s been here which shocks me massively because he still looks like a foreign player adapting to the league. 

He seems well liked by the squad, but I feel if the club is going to turn the corner we need to stop keeping players on because they get on with the kitman etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Really?  So you think every player in League 1, League 2, the conference and beyond, are all better than Pelupessy?

As for what Hunt could do that's worse, he could be worse!  We've seen plenty of players who were worse than Joey.

There is absolutely no logic or reasoning in saying that "they can't be any worse".  Of course they can.  

It's impossible to say if Hunt is better based on the limited amount of time he's had in the first team so I'm not going to do him down.  But if the coaching team don't think he's better than Joey, then I'm going to trust them.  They know more about football than me you and any of the fans!

but what does Pessy bring to the team that’s what I’m asking because I can think of absolutely nothing positive he brings. What does he actually do to help the team? 

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

no we have to look at players that actually bring something to the team when they play even if they aren’t first choice. What does Pessy bring apart from being fit? What can Pessy do that Hunt can’t for example?

Get in the first team.

lol

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exercised a one year extension that was in his contract.

With everything so up in the air at the moment he’s a pretty safe squad option. 

If true it's not something that is going to please the majority of our fans, especially if compounded by the release of Lee who has contributed more in 3 games than Joey has all season

Presumably this will be announced in 2 days, not had a sh*storm Friday for ages

Guest Grez Bez

Seems like his heart is in the right place but he is not a championship player.

I'd have much rather kept Connor Kirby or someone younger with some re-sale value as a squad player

Just now, Grez Bez said:

Seems like his heart is in the right place but he is not a championship player.

I'd have much rather kept Connor Kirby or someone younger with some re-sale value as a squad player

That would be my thinking.

He’s played more than enough now to show he isn’t good enough. Even if he only plays in 20 games next season, isn’t that game time better served given to the likes of Hunt etc. It’s surely serves the future of the club better?

Hmmm, cant say I'm pleased with this. With the links to Garner and Hunt highly regarded struggle to see what he offers, unless were going for 3 in central midfield and need more cover. 

On the flip side, he's probably cheap so not going to break the bank and has a good attitude which Monk seems to value. Maybe Monk sees him more of a mascot in the 'new' dressing room, surely he cant be viewed as a credible starter.

30 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Exercised a one year extension that was in his contract.

With everything so up in the air at the moment he’s a pretty safe squad option. 

absolutely pathetic we have to put up with him for even longer. Just awful from the club. 

Think we are all over estimating how much money will be available. He will be a squad player, he will be cheap and you never know he might get better. To loose a dozen players all at once is no good for the squad.  Do we know how many of the out of contract players will leave at the end of the month? will any sign short term contracts? may be better than throwing young lads into an end of the season scrap