Pelepussy

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Let's wait and see

^^ This

Tbh if it is true - I'm sure the club would have announced it by now - give the fans something to get excited about

Our track record in this department doesn't fill me with any confidence. We usually hand out contracts willy nilly & never appear to sell anyone. Looks like at this stage nothing has changed. Wait & see I'd say. But, IF we have then it's very worrying indeed & suggests we STILL have learned nothing from our mistakes. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, WalthamOwl said:

how reliable is this mate of yours? Please tell me he’s one that loves telling lies? 

Usually?

Very

Guest Ash76

Very sensible in my opinion. i'm sure in an ideal world he won't be a starter and we'll have some good competition in there but that competition has to be from players that can play the majority of games like he can and won't be in the form of Hutch or Lee who have really struggled in terms of availability in recent times. When recruiting or retaining we have to look at players that have been available and able to train for the majority of the season

6 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Very sensible in my opinion. i'm sure in an ideal world he won't be a starter and we'll have some good competition in there but that competition has to be from players that can play the majority of games like he can and won't be in the form of Hutch or Lee who have really struggled in terms of availability in recent times. When recruiting or retaining we have to look at players that have been available and able to train for the majority of the season

no we have to look at players that actually bring something to the team when they play even if they aren’t first choice. What does Pessy bring apart from being fit? What can Pessy do that Hunt can’t for example?

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

I'd love to know how the powers that be arrived at the decision that he deserves a new contract???? I have seen nothing from him that warrants rewarding with a new contract. No wonder we always end up poo creek without a paddle.

we have made some poor decisions on contract extensions in the past but this would be the worst we have made imo. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, whatdial said:

What a terrible decision. Players like this are stopping our youngsters who are probably better having a chance. 

I'd agree that he's not good enough for a team pushing for promotion from the Championship, but I think a few people are going to have to reset their expectations over the coming years.  We've got no money available to spend so who are we expecting to sign?  We have no idea what the future transfer or even sporting scene looks like over the coming years.

As for our kids, who have you seen that's better from our youth ranks?  Nobody stands out to me.

Just not bothered...

Just now, mattitheowl said:

I'd agree that he's not good enough for a team pushing for promotion from the Championship, but I think a few people are going to have to reset their expectations over the coming years.  We've got no money available to spend so who are we expecting to sign?  We have no idea what the future transfer or even sporting scene looks like over the coming years.

As for our kids, who have you seen that's better from our youth ranks?  Nobody stands out to me.

Hunt in that cameo looked a far better player than Pessy. In your opinion what does Pessy offer us that a young lad can’t? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Hunt in that cameo looked a far better player than Pessy. In your opinion what does Pessy offer us that a young lad can’t? 

Well for a start he's played at professional level for a number of years.  He's also a known quantity.  Granted he might be limited but if the kids were better they'd be getting in the squad ahead of him.

Too many people think "they can't be any worse" when the reality is they very much can be.

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Well for a start he's played at professional level for a number of years.  He's also a known quantity.  Granted he might be limited but if the kids were better they'd be getting in the squad ahead of him.

Too many people think "they can't be any worse" when the reality is they very much can be.

I don’t see how they can be worse. Pessy doesn’t score, doesn’t create, doesn’t win tackles, all he does is remain fit which is quite easy when you do sod all on the pitch. What could a young lad like Hunt, a player that is very highly regarded do that is worse? 

Edited by WalthamOwl