Pelepussy

Guest Grandad

Every squad needs players that arent first, second or even third choice. I just hope that he isnt on any more than 8k a week, and the recruitment in midfield is up to scratch that he remains 4th or 5th choice. Lee and luongo missed a lot of games last season, and with hutch in the bomb squad it meant pelupessy played more than anyone would have liked

If he is a footballer, he is playing in the wrong position.

He is enthusiastic, and a has lovely smile - but that it is.

The position he plays requires aggression, intelligence and anticipation, he has none of those qualities. He nearly always makes the wrong decision, when he should press or make a tackle he just stands there, when he should be covering the space between the defence and the midfield, he loses his composure, runs after the ball like a kid on the playground, allowing the opposites to run straight at our defence.

He just isn't cut out to play in the position we play him in, or at the standard required for English professional football.

Guest wilyfox

If we keep Pelupessy, I'm done with Monk and next season already if that's a sign of what's to come. 

If this is true, and it's a big if, it may show an indication by monk to change tactics to a 433 or 532 so we are not as overwhelmed in centre midfield. If this is the case, and given our limited budget/investigation for signings it makes sense to re-sign but only if the tactics change.

Monk may go for one of the youngsters but there is no guarantee the young players will hit the ground running or be up to it immediately.

I've always thought he would be better in a 3 than a 2 but that's still yet to be seen. 

But...I'd rather have an experienced pro as back up than an untried youngster or even worse a young player whose confidence has been shot by poor performances/fans on their back

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

If he is a footballer, he is playing in the wrong position.

He is enthusiastic, and a has lovely smile - but that it is.

The position he plays requires aggression, intelligence and anticipation, he has none of those qualities. He nearly always makes the wrong decision, when he should press or make a tackle he just stands there, when he should be covering the space between the defence and the midfield, he loses his composure, runs after the ball like a kid on the playground, allowing the opposites to run straight at our defence.

He just isn't cut out to play in the position we play him in, or at the standard required for English professional football.

Is that Pelupessy's fault that Monk plays him in the Hutchinson role. He needs to be played in a three man midfield as the guy who chases down and closes the space. He does that and the simple stuff ok. 

His problem is he isnt flying into challenges like Hutchinson so people have a problem with him. But I bet if you look at most of his game stats they are up there with Sams.

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

If this is true, and it's a big if, it may show an indication by monk to change tactics to a 433 or 532 so we are not as overwhelmed in centre midfield. If this is the case, and given our limited budget/investigation for signings it makes sense to re-sign but only if the tactics change.

Monk may go for one of the youngsters but there is no guarantee the young players will hit the ground running or be up to it immediately.

I've always thought he would be better in a 3 than a 2 but that's still yet to be seen. 

But...I'd rather have an experienced pro as back up than an untried youngster or even worse a young player whose confidence has been shot by poor performances/fans on their back

Agree. Pretty much simultaneously written a similar thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

A bit rich coming from a person who says Big Dave should be given a new contract 

I've stated several times that I'm fine with Nuhiu not returning next season if we can bring in someone better. The relevant issue is that our circumstances seem to be pretty grim at the moment. Nuhiu may be mediocre; his impact inconsistent, but at least there has been one at times. I'm not convinced we have the budget or pulling power to be upgrading the squad in the way that some are hoping for or even demanding. Pelupessy however, I believe can be replaced effectively under these restrictions as he hasn't really offered anything.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Is that Pelupessy's fault that Monk plays him in the Hutchinson role. He needs to be played in a three man midfield as the guy who chases down and closes the space. He does that and the simple stuff ok. 

His problem is he isnt flying into challenges like Hutchinson so people have a problem with him. But I bet if you look at most of his game stats they are up there with Sams.

I agree that in a midfield 3 that he is not quite as bad, but that's only because the other 2 are doing between them what he should be doing - he is nowhere near good enough.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

There is no value in keeping a player who clearly isn't good enough. I'll cling to the hope that news of his extension is only for remainder of season. 

13 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I agree that in a midfield 3 that he is not quite as bad, but that's only because the other 2 are doing between them what he should be doing - he is nowhere near good enough.

Because we have seen him in the wrong role. I am not saying he is going to be great. but if Monk plans to use a three then I can see why he is keeping him on.

Listening to Monk talk about the contract situation its sounds to me like all the fans favs are gone and the Pelupessy's and Nuhiu's are staying on.

• Like 1

Be absolutely ridiculous if true. He’s a complete waste of space, it’s like playing with 10 men. If Monk and the club really think he has done enough to earn a new contract it’s a flippingjoke. As I’ve said I’ve supported Monk but if he wants to keep the likes of Pessy, a player with no quality whatsoever but seems a nice person I will be joining the majority of others that want Monk out of the club. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Because we have seen him in the wrong role. I am not saying he is going to be great. but if Monk plans to use a three then I can see why he is keeping him on.

Listening to Monk talk about the contract situation its sounds to me like all the fans favs are gone and the Pelupessy's and Nuhiu's are staying on.

yep, it seems he only wants nice players and not players with quality and fight.