Neil Warnock accepted the Sheffield Wednesday managers job

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Better manager than megson, Jones , Carlos , jos, monk , so yeah I’d have given him a chance . Ship has sailed though , besides , Wednesday are allergic to success 

You think he would have brought us success? We moaned about the style of football under Megson he is 10 times more how shall we say it agricultural 

The best record in this division bar none...…………….but the fans put a stop to him coming here.

Instead we ended up with Jos Luhukay churning out spineless godawful defeats and shaking our heads in wonder at Warnock getting a bog standard Cardiff up automatically...……………...…..says it all really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

You think he would have brought us success? We moaned about the style of football under Megson he is 10 times more how shall we say it agricultural 

I’m far from warnocks biggest fan , but his record compared to megsons speaks volumes . They are poles apart . 

44 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

The best record in this division bar none...…………….but the fans put a stop to him coming here.

Instead we ended up with Jos Luhukay churning out spineless godawful defeats and shaking our heads in wonder at Warnock getting a bog standard Cardiff up automatically...……………...…..says it all really.

I thought Warnock nearly came here when Manderic was chairman? I think the we got Stuart Gray instead of Warnock.

• Like 2

Sir Matt Busby was a star player at Man City and Liverpool before he managed Man Utd.

Steve Bruce took Sunderland into the Prem twice, although he's a Newcastle fan.

George Graham managed Arsenal and Spurs with sucess

Brian Clough took Derby to a European cup semi and finished up at rivals Forest.

Think some of our fans would prefer National league football than success under Warnock.  Very sad.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Sir Matt Busby was a star player at Man City and Liverpool before he managed Man Utd.

Brian Clough took Derby to a European cup semi and finished up at rivals Forest.

So what you're TRYING to say is that Lee Bullen should be our manager?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Think some of our fans would prefer National league football than success under Warnock.  Very sad.  

So you are saying that Warnock would have guaranteed success? Very bold statement given that (I will say it again) under MM there was NO investment in the playing squad

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

So you are saying that Warnock would have guaranteed success? Very bold statement given that (I will say it again) under MM there was NO investment in the playing squad

I never said that.  But a manager who can take Notts Co, QPR, Sheff Utd and Cardiff into the top division would have had a decent chance of doing it with Wednesday. Unfortunately MM invested very little in the club.  Didn't even get us a proper scoreboard or decent pitch. He was after a profit, which he duly got.  

Guest Jack the Hat

I’d have warnock or Bruce at the drop of a hat. They are our best bets of getting out of this league. I haven’t got time time to wait to see if Monk can prove himself. Especially after what I have seen so far. Warnock would be my first choice.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

So were getting more and more desperate?

In my day we called it any holes a goal.

I’m not sure if you call the two most proven managers of getting out of the league as desperate. Set against a guy who has had a few attempts and failed. I think if we do have a choice out of the three only insular stupidity would leave us with Monk still in charge.

It's possible having some fans against him at the the start would actually really play into Warnock's hands, the players won't care he's a blade, and I think it's the sort of thing he could use to galvanize a squad, creating the us vs them mentality that are characteristic of his teams.

19 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Steve Bruce didn't take Sunderland into the Premier League at any time.
I do remember as well many Spurs fans at the time were really against George Graham taking over.

Think Football rivalries were a lot different in Matt Busbys day. 

I dont mind Warnock that much just managing Wednesday would have felt all wrong with his association and support for Sheffield United.
He has also enjoyed winding Wednesday fans up at every opportunity and his use of gamesmanship I wouldn't be that keen on seeing.

• Thanks 1

I like Neil Warnock - always have. He’s a pantomime villain.

He would have loved to get one over on Sheffield United - after the way that they’d treated him.

I’d go for a pint with him, no problem. He’s has a certain type of charisma and is old school.

It would have been great if he’d come here - caused a right stir. Press, television, etc, etc.

Like old times.

Still, a lot to be said for constant mediocrity and just treading water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1