Neil Warnock accepted the Sheffield Wednesday managers job

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If. 
Thanks.

A manager who’d tell his players to break other players legs. A real pantomime villain, but we all love him just the same.

A sore loser, a poor mans Mourinho.
And great tactics for the Cardiff free kick at their place this season.

A true sportsman, and you think he’s superb.

Is this any different to Ferguson, Wenger or mourinho in that respect?? absolutely not.

You can look at that in a different way and a sore loser is a winner for me...shows how much them type of characters want to win. Name me a manager at this level who as been more successful and as had more of an impact?? If there are any there will be very few!! It speaks volumes that the vast majority of players he’s managed have nothing but praise for him. 

Have you ever listened to him speak? You only have to listen to him for 10 minutes to realise he’s a thrives on the negativity people throw at him and he turns it into a winning mentality. 

the goal at Cardiff wasn’t Warnock’s fault it was the inept refereeing...if that was the other way round would you be complaining?  

I bet your in the monk out brigade as well aren’t you?? What do you want as a Wednesday fan?? 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Is this any different to Ferguson, Wenger or mourinho in that respect?? absolutely not.

You can look at that in a different way and a sore loser is a winner for me...shows how much them type of characters want to win. Name me a manager at this level who as been more successful and as had more of an impact?? If there are any there will be very few!! It speaks volumes that the vast majority of players he’s managed have nothing but praise for him. 

Have you ever listened to him speak? You only have to listen to him for 10 minutes to realise he’s a thrives on the negativity people throw at him and he turns it into a winning mentality. 

I bet your in the monk out brigade as well aren’t you?? What do you want as a Wednesday fan?? 

Certainly not in the Monk our brigade. I’m interested why you think that and what relevance it has to my thoughts about Warnock.

Long term for this club I want stability, from the top down. With that will come success.

I’m a realist, we look like a club that’s a million miles from stability.  
Managerially, I want someone who is more interested in the club than himself. Is that too much to ask for ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Certainly not in the Monk our brigade. I’m interested why you think that and what relevance it has to my thoughts about Warnock.

Long term for this club I want stability, from the top down. With that will come success.

I’m a realist, we look like a club that’s a million miles from stability.  
Managerially, I want someone who is more interested in the club than himself. Is that too much to ask for ?

No and for me you are right we do need stability...this could open up an whole range of discussions. 

7 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Warnock like most people in football is a fan of where the money is.

I think he would have done a good job.

If he had won his first three matches, a saint.

Lost the first three, a pig.

That's the fickle football fans of any club.

He went on record saying how he would love to be Wednesday manager.

How first thing he would do at Wednesday would be to release all the best players and to spend all the money on poo.

I understand he was joking, but just imagine if things start badly for him at S6.

Biggest transfer in Croatian football in last 20 years was when Hajduk Split signed Niko Kranjčar from their biggest rivals Dinamo Zagreb.

At time Kranjčar was touted of as "one in generation" talent and boyhood Dinamo fan. His father was Dinamo legend as well. It is important to know that Hajduk fans are although very loyal, unforgiving and brutal as well.

In first press conference after signing Kranjčar said "I'm a lifelong Dinamo fan" and Hajduk fans stood and aplauded his honesty, not trying to buy favor with well known cliches.

Today he is remember as one of most beloved players in Hajduk's newer history.

Point of the story is zhat no one can know what would happen if Warnock took over. Perhaps he would even found himself as a Wednesday legend.

52 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

What does that matter? Any manager would have been dealing with those conditions and budget constraints. 

Who is a better manager Stuart Gray or Neil Warnock? That was the choice. Gray did a reasonable job but comparing the two and their achievements is daft.

In fact compare Warnock to most of the poo we’ve had since Mandaric and Warnock is streets ahead of nearly all of them. And that’s including the current boss.

Completely irrelevant In this circumstance. The man in charge (Milan) was already happy to employ him.

There would have been uproar and MM knew it and saw sense 

22 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No and for me you are right we do need stability...this could open up an whole range of discussions. 

If you start a thread on here about stability, you’ll probably get some interesting debate, but it will ultimately turn to the managers position, and many have already made their mind up that Mi k has no place here.
We’re in an ever decreasing circle.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If you start a thread on here about stability, you’ll probably get some interesting debate, but it will ultimately turn to the managers position, and many have already made their mind up that Mi k has no place here.
We’re in an ever decreasing circle.

probably right. Lots and lots of different factors to take into account on the monk debate I think. 

11 minutes ago, malek said:

He went on record saying how he would love to be Wednesday manager.

How first thing he would do at Wednesday would be to release all the best players and to spend all the money on poo.

I understand he was joking, but just imagine if things start badly for him at S6.

Biggest transfer in Croatian football in last 20 years was when Hajduk Split signed Niko Kranjčar from their biggest rivals Dinamo Zagreb.

At time Kranjčar was touted of as "one in generation" talent and boyhood Dinamo fan. His father was Dinamo legend as well. It is important to know that Hajduk fans are although very loyal, unforgiving and brutal as well.

In first press conference after signing Kranjčar said "I'm a lifelong Dinamo fan" and Hajduk fans stood and aplauded his honesty, not trying to buy favor with well known cliches.

Today he is remember as one of most beloved players in Hajduk's newer history.

Point of the story is zhat no one can know what would happen if Warnock took over. Perhaps he would even found himself as a Wednesday legend.

Perhaps he would have ended a legend, or perhaps he would have ended up like John Prescott, with egg on his chin.

I guess in the late 80s and early 90s he was seen as a character and has ALWAYS played on the underdog tag.

Nowadays he just comes across as a snarky, sarcastic, mardy, bitter and cringeworthy. Many posters are sooo full of nostalgic for days gone by.

When he's furious with the officials cos he is badly hard done to again, thats when the mask slips.  You know it's not purely an act cos his teams reflect his personality.

Getting him to come to Hillsbrough would be like taking out the girl at school who is quite hot and has big eyes but she is a known *****.  Just because you know quite a few lads who have got her into bed and you hope you have a chance.

So we want brilliant football with a manager that hasn't heard of dem blavdes , is loved by all , players that are saints on the pitch and we should have that choice even though there are football fans in their thirties that aren't from sheffield that only have memories of us of being a yo yo second and third division side . He is a petulant bad loser , so what I don't want a manager who is a good loser . As for what he said , dear me he was in charge of the dark side and a fan and knows what the rivalry means . Any platitudes towards us would have set the dark side off against him and managers want fans on side . Is he the man for the job now , nah . At the time definitely . 

10 hours ago, alanharper said:

I for one was delighted when he turned an average mid table Cardiff team into a Premier League outfit, instead of us. 

Indeed. I would have had him as manager. He’s a pig fan but he’s also a winner. He was also wanting to prove McCabe wrong at the time, so I think he would have worked twice as hard and relished it twice as much if he was successful with us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it staggering how some of our fans defend our ticket prices and want NEIL WARNOCK as our manager.

It genuinely shocks me

It's like if you got a blade to say 'right how could we REALLY mess up the club for the fans' he'd say 'Just price the fans out and put Warnock in charge. That should wind em up'

But nope

Not our fans

They're like 'well it's tough if you lot can't come to matches anymore, and Warnock's a proven winner'

lol

It staggers me how people wouldn't want one of the best managers at getting out of this division as our manager. 

Blade or not he's always been passionate about the club he's managed, he's a professional and chases money put a promotion bonus in front of him and he'd get us out this league. 

2 minutes ago, owl84 said:

It staggers me how people wouldn't want one of the best managers at getting out of this division as our manager. 

Blade or not he's always been passionate about the club he's managed, he's a professional and chases money put a promotion bonus in front of him and he'd get us out this league. 

It staggers me how any so called Wednesdayite could possibly prostitute themselves by even considering this vile creature to be associated with our club.

There are, in life, some lines that should never be crossed, this is one of them .......... at any cost!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It staggers me how any so called Wednesdayite could possibly prostitute themselves by even considering this vile creature to be associated with our club.

There are, in life, some lines that should never be crossed, this is one of them .......... at any cost!

What line is it that should not be crossed? 

Do you have any friends or family that are Blades?

I know I do, I have both friends and family, and frankly the bitterness and hatred that some of our (and their) support show to each other is ridiculous. We work, drink, and in some cases live with each other. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Sheffield United but seriously some of our fans need to grow up.

In any football club or business the best man for the job should always be considered no matter their background. What team someone supports (or supported) should be completely irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

What line is it that should not be crossed? 

Do you have any friends or family that are Blades?

I know I do, I have both friends and family, and frankly the bitterness and hatred that some of our (and their) support show to each other is ridiculous. We work, drink, and in some cases live with each other. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Sheffield United but seriously some of our fans need to grow up.

In any football club or business the best man for the job should always be considered no matter their background. What team someone supports (or supported) should be completely irrelevant.

Family no they would have been ex-communicated from an early age - friends of course.

As I've said earlier in this thread he wasn't the best man for the job. A manager that divides the fan base before he's even been appointed would hardly be the best man for the job!

17 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

It wouldn't have got that far - the fans would have been divided and the vast majority would not have wanted him at the club end of. He would have faced protests throughout and the fans would have given him hell

You reckon ? 

The fans have been sat in silence watching utter dog 5 hite for 20 years and now believe finishing 6th counts as glory ( oooh that first season under Carlos)

I dont think we have a protest in us !

Edited by the monk

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

You reckon ? 

The fans have been sat in silence watching utter dog 5 hite for 20 years and now believe finishing 6th counts as glory ( oooh that first season under Carlos)

I dont think we have a protest in us !

I think that inviting Warnock to be manager you would have seen protest on a rather large scale