Neil Warnock accepted the Sheffield Wednesday managers job

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Just further examples of the fans holding the club back and Milan not being the messiah some thought he was

So you would have supported the appointment of a man who said he would happily manage us to send us broke? Your version of supporting the club and mine are then poles apart

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

So you would have supported the appointment of a man who said he would happily manage us to send us broke? Your version of supporting the club and mine are then poles apart

Yes because i'm capable of identifying what is said in jest and know that football professionals (especially those in the ilk of NW) want to do the best they can for their own pride and achievements.

You seriously think he'd have deliberately tried to send us down had he been appointed? Mental, absolutely mental

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Yes because i'm capable of identifying what is said in jest and know that football professionals (especially those in the ilk of NW) want to do the best they can for their own pride and achievements.

You seriously think he'd have deliberately tried to send us down had he been appointed? Mental, absolutely mental

I can't agree a man who is as anti our club as their has ever been should not be even considered for the role. End of

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

So if you went to interview for a job and you had previously publicly slagged off the firm who you wanted to work for in the past you think that they wouldn't take this into consideration?

Deluded if you think any otherwise 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you really 100% in your heart believe that Warnock would have succeeded here given the expectation, pressure and his former allegiances though?

I don't.

The first goal that went in against us our fans would kick off

The very first defeat and it would be civil war 

What are the expectations? 

Good manager and probably been what we have needed many times weve been looking to appoint, but theres no way the fans would have taken sacking club legend megson after a steel city win to appoint our biggest pantomime villain. Milan and warnock would be on a needless hiding to nothing.

I'd have taken him, he's got a excellent record of promoting teams and that's what we all want. Couldn't care less he supports United. He's always had good things to say about Wednesday. 

A good read here too and mentions the relegate them and retire to Cornwall. Taken out of context. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-i-was-ready-to-try-to-keep-sheffield-wednesday-up-8989798.html

• Thanks 1

I'd still have him now 

Better than the muppet whose manager now 

I bet the same moron fans who was against Warnock been appointed was the same fans who was clapping Carlos the clown when he returned as Swansea manager 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it staggering how some of our fans defend our ticket prices and want NEIL WARNOCK as our manager.

It genuinely shocks me

It's like if you got a blade to say 'right how could we REALLY mess up the club for the fans' he'd say 'Just price the fans out and put Warnock in charge. That should wind em up'

But nope

Not our fans

They're like 'well it's tough if you lot can't come to matches anymore, and Warnock's a proven winner'

lol

Also shocks me that you say about Francis 

Don't make out that your all that 

When you sprout just as much 5h1t as anyone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I think yours and Warnocks sense of humour are poles apart....and mine too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

I think it’s a bit pathetic really. Warnock is a good manager with a record of achievement in the Championship which was what we needed at the time. We still need a manager with that record now and Warnock subsequently went on to promote a far worse team than Wednesday to the Premier League.

Leeds fans weren’t bothered when Howard Wilkinson won them the league. If Warnock was successful here (and he would have been) the fans wouldn’t have cared if he was a Blade.

So then hypothetically - where was the money coming from for Warnock to invest in the playing side? MM certainly wasn't going to give him any and that is FACT

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

My sense of humour is just fine but to have that man manage our club would have been catastrophic and would have resulted in turmoil at the club for all the wrong reasons.

Whereas not having him worked out just fine...….I understand now

• Haha 1