Overrated Footballers Thread

21 hours ago, fudge27 said:

There must be cos athelthico knocked them out and they aren't the best team to ever play the game as a team imo

I'm not saying they won't lose a game ever.  But I don't think I've ever seen a better top flight English team.  They've taken the league apart this year.  

I absolutely HATE them.  But f*ck me they're good.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

12 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm not saying they won't lose a game ever.  But I don't think I've ever seen a better top flight English team.  They've taken the league apart this year.  

I absolutely HATE them.  But f*ck me they're good.

No denying they're far and away the best this season. 

Personally I don't think they're the strongest team ever in the PL and they do have some weaknesses as exposed by Athletico knocking them out this season

1 hour ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Sir Alex Ferguson. 

"Jones, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player,” Ferguson said. 

About 6 years ago when he first signed him? He'd be better in the theo Walcott thread

On 07/06/2020 at 10:54, fudge27 said:

No denying they're far and away the best this season. 

Personally I don't think they're the strongest team ever in the PL and they do have some weaknesses as exposed by Athletico knocking them out this season

Their weakness is their squad depth.  1-11 they are as good as any team that's played in the EPL IMO.  They've been let down by an iffy second keeper.

Just not bothered...

15 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Their weakness is their squad depth.  1-11 they are as good as any team that's played in the EPL IMO.  They've been let down by an iffy second keeper.

Agreed, but also think the likes of TAA, and Gomez can be exploited, their midfield is very good but not world class. 

I personally preferred the Man City team or Man Utd team of the early 00s and think both were stronger overall then this Liverpool one

56 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Agreed, good player but not the god like figure you hear about today

Scholes is similar

Ryan Giggs only made it into 6 PFA team of the years, so for 1/4 of the seasons he played in, his peers regarded him as one of the 11 best players that season. 

He must have been overrated by pretty much everybody, including the greatest manager of all time.

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Ryan Giggs only made it into 6 PFA team of the years, so for 1/4 of the seasons he played in, his peers regarded him as one of the 11 best players that season. 

He must have been overrated by pretty much everybody, including the greatest manager of all time.

Brian Clough? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Yeh he won player of the year once when he didn't anywhere near deserve it too