Attending home & away matches

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

With lockdown & the foreseeable future with games behind closed doors was wondering if any fellow WEDNESDAYITES have a long unbroken run of attending home & away games that will now be broken with everything going on I once went 27 years without missing a home game until a few seasons ago 

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

40 years without missing a home League game.

Well done.

You're clearly in rude health, have an extremely reliable mode of transport, live within an hour or so from the Theatre of Nightmares, and are stark raving bonkers.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Well done.

You're clearly in rude health, have an extremely reliable mode of transport, live within an hour or so from the Theatre of Nightmares, and are stark raving bonkers.  

I live in Hillsborough, before I travelled from Deepcar, Norfolk Park, Arbourthorne and Stannington.

We bought our house in Hillsborough 15 years ago to be near the ground, it's a 10 minute walk. And yes, stark raving bonkers.

• Like 1

It's 25.5 years since I missed a home league game (January 1995 v Southampton).

My stance will be that the behind closed doors games "don't count" in terms of attendance and my streak won't be broken until I miss a game that I could have been at. 

• Like 9

On 02/06/2020 at 12:29, Garryswfcowl72 said:

With lockdown & the foreseeable future with games behind closed doors was wondering if any fellow WEDNESDAYITES have a long unbroken run of attending home & away games that will now be broken with everything going on I once went 27 years without missing a home game until a few seasons ago 

i have never done a full season but I have done eight where i have only missed one (home and away) and even now only miss two or three a season, but I was talking to a guy from Dronfield at Swansea away last season and he hasn't missed one since the mid eighties, this will crucify him

On 02/06/2020 at 15:55, nickswfc said:

If you have a record, unfortunately it now resets to zero.

You can't go telling people it continues when we're allowed back.

We all start again, well done on your effort but I'm afraid it's now over. 

is it like Huddersfield being unbeaten for eleventeen seasons

• Haha 1

Sure many here have longer runs. Just gone past 5 years without missing a game home or away!

Saw a story on a QPR fan who hadn’t missed a home or away game for 30 years, 1500+ consecutive games. Some effort that!