Classy from Jordan Rhodes

Shame it hasn’t clicked but surely with what’s happened, everyone has had time to reflect an take stock? No excuses for any player not coming out and giving 100%.
Teams with less talent have thrived and pushed on.

Time to shine JR

• Like 3

He is a great player at this level and always has been, sadly we paid top dollar for a player we had no need for and a style of play that makes him look terrible.

Sadly teams that play the style that benefits him are getting fewer as football changes.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He is a great player at this level and always has been, sadly we paid top dollar for a player we had no need for and a style of play that makes him look terrible.

Sadly teams that play the style that benefits him are getting fewer as football changes.

He was a great player at this level.

If it was just a case of Wednesday not playing to a style that suits him he would less effective but not as awful as he has been.

Still find it bizarre our new expensive forward didnt want to take a pen v Huddersfield in the shoot out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

He was a great player at this level.

If it was just a case of Wednesday not playing to a style that suits him he would less effective but not as awful as he has been.

Still find it bizarre our new expensive forward didnt want to take a pen v Huddersfield in the shoot out.

When playing with Fletcher he seemed to form a decent partnership and scored a hatrick only for Monk to sack him off.

There is no doubting his talent but I don't think we are likely to see the best of it here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

When playing with Fletcher he seemed to form a decent partnership and scored a hatrick only for Monk to sack him off.

There is no doubting his talent but I don't think we are likely to see the best of it here.

Those 3 goals were great but that match is only game he has scored in for Wednesday for about 3 years I think off top of my head.

His body language at times looks like a man drained of confidence and given up.

Edited by matthefish2002

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Those 3 goals were great but that match is only game he has scored in for Wednesday for about 3 years I think off top of my head.

His body language at times looks like a man drained of confidence and given up.

Truth is he should never have been signed, he is the sad product of our haphazard recruitment, we have ruined a good player whilst wrecking our finances.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 3

Really nice bloke was a great player 3 or 4 season ago but since leaving Blackburn his career has been on the slide.

We should have offloaded him two season ago to Norwich or accept the loan to Celtic/Wigan instead he get to sit in the stands and watch the games with Westwood, Hutch, Winnall and Bates lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Really nice bloke was a great player 3 or 4 season ago but since leaving Blackburn his career has been on the slide.

We should have offloaded him two season ago to Norwich or accept the loan to Celtic/Wigan instead he get to sit in the stands and watch the games with Westwood, Hutch, Winnall and Bates lol

Ask yourself how much money is that spaffed down the pan and we wonder why we are fizzed.

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Ask yourself how much money is that spaffed down the pan and we wonder why we are fizzed.

We signed too many old players on long deals then didn't sell them because they would then lead to losses in the financial accounts. But then continued to pay them to sit in the stand and costs us more money and eventually fines and penalties in the financial accounts.

Rhodes, Adbi, Jones, Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil, Winnall, JVA etc all players kept when should have been got rid of the smooth out the lost to the accounts but then led to a greater lose over not 1 season but 4 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We signed too many old players on long deals then didn't sell them because they would then lead to losses in the financial accounts. But then continued to pay them to sit in the stand and costs us more money and eventually fines and penalties in the financial accounts.

Rhodes, Adbi, Jones, Forestieri, Hooper, Pudil, Winnall, JVA etc all players kept when should have been got rid of the smooth out the lost to the accounts but then led to a greater lose over not 1 season but 4 seasons.

Can you translate that last line into a language I understand. I'm fluent in English, French, Latin, German and SpanishI can even sometimes understand the odd word of Brummie but that one has got me stumped. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, prowl said:

Can you translate that last line into a language I understand. I'm fluent in English, French, Latin, German and SpanishI can even sometimes understand the odd word of Brummie but that one has got me stumped. 

We kept too many players when we should have got rid of them.

Instead of making losses from them for 1 season we did for 4.

let me know if the words are too big and I can try and make them smaller. lol 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Monk finally paired Fletch & Rhodes in the last 3 games before Fletcher got injured.

Brentford 2-1 (nil-one down when Rhodes came on at HT)

Derby 1-1

Forest 4-0

All 7 goals were scored by the partnership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We kept too many players when we should have got rid of them.

Instead of making losses from them for 1 season we did for 4.

let me know if the words are too big and I can try and make them smaller. lol 

You're using all the right words but necessarily in the right order. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Here you go.

The Fletcher-Rhodes partnership works brilliantly:-

Overall, in partnership their record is staggering:-

16/17 - 245 minutes - 7 team goals - goal every 35 minutes

17/18 - 101 minutes - 3 team goals - goal every 34 minutes

19/20 - 266 minutes - 8 team goals - goal every 33 minutes

We should base everything on the 6.8 games represented here.