Championship Players to refuse and NOT play when football resumes

Can anybody explain why QPR were so surprised the season was going to start later this month? I heard Warburton & their chief exec yesterday a couple of times.

They seemed genuinely shocked that they would have to play football again.

Hasn't this been in the offing for a while? Isn't the build up time the same for every club?

Just seemed a bit OTT from them.

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Can anybody explain why QPR were so surprised the season was going to start later this month? I heard Warburton & their chief exec yesterday a couple of times.

They seemed genuinely shocked that they would have to play football again.

Hasn't this been in the offing for a while? Isn't the build up time the same for every club?

Just seemed a bit OTT from them.

It's in the thread I think

They basically got told nothing then 40 minutes before the EFL announcement they got told by the EFL and couldn't discuss/debate it with them, the EFL just stomped on with it

lol

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's in the thread I think

They basically got told nothing then 40 minutes before the EFL announcement they got told by the EFL and couldn't discuss/debate it with them, the EFL just stomped on with it

lol

Right. So the EFL were their usual selves. QPR did seem overly disturbed though. Like all their players were still abroad or under lockdown or summat. Maybe half their squad is out of contract come end of June. 

On 02/06/2020 at 11:33, @owlstalk said:

Exactly (hope you're well by the way Daveyboy and keeping safe)

Plus - with restarting football before players are fully match fit there's a real risk of injury to all/any players

We're going to see muscle strains and all sorts of injuries as standard I reckon

Could take the squads down to absolute bare bones

Cheers Neil, yeah I'm fine now more worried about the missus on the frontline in the hospital theatres. Knowing our luck we'd have three players stretchered off in the first half of the first match 😄 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Cheers Neil, yeah I'm fine now more worried about the missus on the frontline in the hospital theatres. Knowing our luck we'd have three players stretchered off in the first half of the first match 😄 

Hope she's ok mate. Stay safe.

And yeah I honestly can see a significant amount of injuries right from the first game.

I reckon the number of injuries will shock people 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And yeah I honestly can see a significant amount of injuries right from the first game.

I reckon the number of injuries will shock people 

Didn't teams from the Bundesliga report that the number of muscular injuries since the resumption of action have been about three times higher than would normally be expected?