Championship Players to refuse and NOT play when football resumes

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A very good reason why no club or manager should tell a player that they are finished at the club weeks or months before the end of a season.

What sort of an idiot would do that? Particularly if it involved about half of your first team squad. The impact of doing that would be disastrous 

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It is but I"m guessing these players have actually been told they're not getting one

More to the point. As soon to be free agents, they could have a contract lined up with one of the clubs they’re scheduled to play.

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

More to the point. As soon to be free agents, they could have a contract lined up with one of the clubs they’re scheduled to play.

Did I dream it (because I googled it and can't find it), but did a player once play 1 half for 1 club, then the second half for the other side?

Quite obvious Taylor has got a new contract lined up elsewhere and possibly the club is putting pressure on him not to play for Charlton and get injured, for all we know it could be us and we lose most of our forwards on the 30th. Not ethical but it might help keep them below us in the table. 

Does this work out well for the club though, if the players refuse to play then the club can refuse to pay them.

I give it a few weeks before they are back in training.

As in the summer when there are hundreds if not thousands of players looking for contracts he could well be at the bottom of the line.

The ideal thing would be for the potential buyers of these players to back off and say 'sorry don't like that attitude so no longer interested'. It won't happen because the clubs are unwilling to show any kind of solidarity whatsoever. But that's what it needs, solidarity amongst the clubs to fend off these parasites and stop this disgusting greedy behaviour that's gone on for far too long now, not just during this crisis. Not holding my breath though.

12 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Quite incredible to hear a Championship player harking on about getting a 'life-changing move' as if he was some non-league nobody on £100 a week now.

Doesn't look like he's signing for us then. We haven't got a pot to pis in so we won't have offered him a life changing deal.  Never mind he can do one.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Won't their contracts have expired by that point anyway?

This is one of the many problems with the EFL and why the current people ala Parry are not fit for purpose. They spend all their time sucking up to the Premier league for the scraps of their table instead of sorting out what they are there for.

What the EFL should have done.

Get a package in place to make sure no team goes bust because of Corona.

Pass an amendment to the season and any player under contract will remain under contract and at the club until the season has ended.

Make sure safety is paramount and not profit. Until there are no positive test in the league no games are played

All the above could be easily done if all 24 teams stand as one the problem is they won't and they are only bothered about one think MONEY.

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The schedule that the clubs are looking at is a game every three days...the chance of picking up an injury is far greater than usual. You can't blame them

Exactly (hope you're well by the way Daveyboy and keeping safe)

Plus - with restarting football before players are fully match fit there's a real risk of injury to all/any players

We're going to see muscle strains and all sorts of injuries as standard I reckon

Could take the squads down to absolute bare bones

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Plus - with restarting football before players are fully match fit there's a real risk of injury to all/any players

We're going to see muscle strains and all sorts of injuries as standard I reckon

This is why I dont think we will restart in the championship. They are trying to cram to much into to little space. We are behind the premier league in terms of training, and have playoffs to fit in aswell. 

Even if we did restart I think after a few games in and 4 or 5 major players getting injured or getting covid19 and I just think clubs will refuse to carry on and say to the EFL. Do what you want with us. See you in court.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

if he was no good Charlton wouldn't have any qualms on releasing him so owes no loyalty to them ….he's doing whats best for himself and why wouldn't he .

Refusing to play whilst under contract.....now where have I heard that before.

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

The ideal thing would be for the potential buyers of these players to back off and say 'sorry don't like that attitude so no longer interested'. It won't happen because the clubs are unwilling to show any kind of solidarity whatsoever. But that's what it needs, solidarity amongst the clubs to fend off these parasites and stop this disgusting greedy behaviour that's gone on for far too long now, not just during this crisis. Not holding my breath though.

Unless potential club buying the player has said 

1/ If you're injured the deals off

2/ Your club has still got to play us, we don't want you playing against us

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine the fuckingstate of our lot!

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1