The new Lean Mean NUHIU Machine

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The trouble is with Nuhiu is that as much as he infuriates me and frustrates me with his style of play, I can't helping liking the guy.

He seems to personify Sheffield Wednesday, we know he has potential but never really realises it.

Would hate him to leave. 

He has done absolutely nothing and I mean nothing to warrant a new contract. One of the many who needs to go and the sooner the better

• Like 1

If he's out of contract and we have resigned to not spending and relying on the squad and cheaper alternatives, I would be very reluctant to let him go.

He on significantly less that his peers and is always a handful as an impact sub.

Love him of hate him, the opposition detest playing against him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

If he's out of contract and we have resigned to not spending and relying on the squad and cheaper alternatives, I would be very reluctant to let him go.

He on significantly less that his peers and is always a handful as an impact sub.

Love him of hate him, the opposition detest playing against him.

It shows with the amount of goals and assists he has over the past 7 seasons

On 01/06/2020 at 16:36, Road Runner said:

If he does go he will be hard to replace. 

Yep,

can't jump, can't run, and can't score,

as a striker that would be impossible to replace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Up there with the worst to play for us 

There's at least 3 strikers in the current squad who have been less effective than him, never mind "up there with the worst to play for us". 

Good to see plenty so satisfied with themselves by just opening the cliche handbook and endlessly repeating the party line that Nuhiu only tries when his contract is up. The logical conclusion of this is that they believe he could actually be the second coming of David Hirst if only he tried like that more often. Painting by numbers doesn't make you an artist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There's at least 3 strikers in the current squad who have been less effective than him, never mind "up there with the worst to play for us". 

Good to see plenty so satisfied with themselves by just opening the cliche handbook and endlessly repeating the party line that Nuhiu only tries when his contract is up. The logical conclusion of this is that they believe he could actually be the second coming of David Hirst if only he tried like that more often. Painting by numbers doesn't make you an artist.

Check out some of Picasso's stuff you can see the lines on some of them, a right fraud he was.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And defending the indefensible doesn’t make you right 

If Monk has been impressed with Nuhiu’s performances since he arrived it just shows how easily pleased he is. 1 goal since 30th November. For a striker that is shocking. It’s not like he brings much else to the team, doesn’t score, doesn’t create, doesn’t win anywhere near enough headers for his size. Time to move him on. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I'm not a fan.

Averages 6 goals a season over his SWFC career and irrespective of his other shortcomings, of which there are many, notably not being able to run or jump, that alone is not good enough. 

I'll admit that I begrudgingly and naively advocated his last contract extension after his purple patch, which was a mistake. Done very little since and seems hes now chosen the moment hes looking for a new contract to get himself in shape.

One of many who need to be thanked for their service and shown the door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I would rather give a young lad a chance Baz. He's had more than his fair share and should move on along with a lot of the others who are out of contract

I part agree but there's no young lad at our club ready to pick up the baton

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Monk has been impressed with Nuhiu’s performances since he arrived it just shows how easily pleased he is. 1 goal since 30th November. For a striker that is shocking. It’s not like he brings much else to the team, doesn’t score, doesn’t create, doesn’t win anywhere near enough headers for his size. Time to move him on. 

That could be said about of a few of our recent managers though.