Owls duo could secure top tier moves

The likes of Bournemouth and Burnley are believed to be ready to try and lure away Sheffield Wednesday duo Steven Fletcher and Morgan Fox, both of whom are approaching the end of their contracts. (Team Talk)

WTF:

• Haha 3

Fletcher and Fox are not Prem league players, this will most likely be chit chat from their agents looking to secure a new contract. If the grass looks greener down the road then thanks for your service and good luck at your new club..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Reckon this could be the players agents gathering up some rumours to create a fear of loss

Maybe Wednesday have held off on offering new contracts till they know the outcome of the EFL meeting

Agree with this, there will be agents doing similar with many players who are about to be out of contract up and down the country.

Does seem a bit bizarre that it is a club like Bournemouth though - possibly trying to highlight supposed interest from a PL club in order to maximise the value of any new contract offer for the players? Just seems unrealistic, even if Bournemouth were to be relegated I thought they had an approach to buy players with a future sell on value rather than aging players that will offer now future income.

Just now, outlaw pete said:

If the grass looks greener down the road then thanks for your service and good luck at your new club..

Not sure it's that

If anything it will be the exact opposite, and be the players trying to force Wednesday's hand and hurry up and offer them a new contract

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure it's that

If anything it will be the exact opposite, and be the players trying to force Wednesday's hand and hurry up and offer them a new contract

Absolutely, they (the agents probably) want to push contracts through before we have worked out what the future holds for the club and what level salaries should be..... probably  a view we may be a bit desperate as our squad is threadbare in a month's time

Saw the same article, just cut out 'Bournemouth' and replace with 'West Brom'

Just the usual media 'quiet news day' articles trying to stir up some views/reads. While both are good Champo players I don't think either are PL standard so take this stuff with a pinch of salt. Too much uncertainty around atm to get too worked up about stuff like this, maybe we'll have some actual football soon to replace this clickbait junk.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure it's that

Mr Owlstalk do you honestly believe that these two players are good enough to play in the prem league?

3 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

How long have they got left? They will go for next to nothing if they haven’t got long left on their contracts. Chansiri will no doubt not sell and risk them walking away for free if they refuse to sign another contract and want away. 

About another 3/4 weeks 

• Haha 1

Well erm, I think Fletch would be missed but can we afford to give him a two year contract and run the risk of him getting injured which he more than likely will?

As for Fox, his next contracts a big one for him. I think he’ll get more elsewhere and for that reason I think he’ll move?

The Rangers rumour for Fox was interesting and more realistic IMO but even then I can’t see him or Fletcher being starters there. Fletcher to Rangers makes more sense to me but I haven’t seen a link for him.

Rangers would be a good move for Fletcher at his stage of his career and potentially an opportunity to win something again for a last time. Even if he is a Celtic fan! He’d be in and out the team like Defoe is but he is something a bit different compared to their other strikers. 

No chance Fox is keeping Barišić out of the starting XI so he would be a backup player unless he plays right back. They’ll be replacing Tavernier who is terrible.

I hope they both stay at Hillsborough but I won’t be devastated if they leave and they aren’t worth breaking the bank for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

How long have they got left? They will go for next to nothing if they haven’t got long left on their contracts. Chansiri will no doubt not sell and risk them walking away for free if they refuse to sign another contract and want away. 

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

About another 3/4 weeks 

Be like watching kids swapping "Panini Stickers swaps" in the playground this morning ....

Oh hold on ............

1689122608_imageproxy(3).jpeg.4c5f1e9ac4223a17e65746fe24ecede3.jpeg

• Haha 3