BREAKING NEWS : Championship to resume 20th June

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate here so don’t start going ballistic at me. My question is when do we start elite sports again and how do we do it? I personally think that any time and any method has risk unless the virus is totally eradicated (which isn’t going to happen for a few years or may not happen at all). If we are on our way back to normal life we need to start doing things that we were doing prior to lockdown. 

A difficult question to answer. However, the way not to answer that question is to do what the Government has done which is to throw around arbitrary dates such as the 1st and 15th June and then to justify those dates by scurrying around trying to find the science and then make it fit !

Test track and Trace is the key but the current 8k new cases per day needs to be driven down in order to give the newly trained testers, trackers and tracers to produce the viable figures. I believe it could be two or three months before we have confidence of science in that method. We must be patient ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

I agree about the football without fans, I'd have started a new season in September and hoped to get limited capacity crowds by start of next year. Disagree on all the rest, economy must restart, everywhere else is.

Dont disagree, but for the sake of a couple of weeks, when so many scientific experts disagree is concerning. Anyway, this is football, not politics and at least we agree on the important stuff 😀

6 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52875186

And so it begins, this won't end well unless you're a lawyer who will be raking it in.

Why did the QPR chairman think they were training and then getting back to contract training? For sh1ts and giggles?

Just posturing in case they get relegated

Edited by Mystic Neg

Its a complete farce and the book stops with the most inappropriate leader for a crisis the UK could have wished for.

In times of such crisis what you need is  strong decisive  leadership, not a narcissistic assisted by a weirdo maverick.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Why did the QPR chairman think they were training and then getting back to contract training? For sh1ts and giggles?

Just posturing in case they get relegated

From reading the link it doesn't sound as though he is against the restart, just surprised by the schedule. I said last week that I wouldn't be surprised if a few clubs raised concerns when 20th June was put forward as a date for the Championship to return. This is the same weekend as most PL clubs will be returning to action and the PL teams went back to scheduled training earlier.

Many clubs have stated 4-6 weeks would be needed for players to be in shape to return to competitive action, following advice provided by their medical and fitness teams so some were bound to raise concerns about this date. Others that are more keen to get matches played for other reasons will be less concerned about this. 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Strong rumours doing the rounds that Leeds are in deepshyte for breaking lockdown conditions on training ......... can’t confirm anything but if there’s anything in it it should be breaking soon!

Would be no surprise at all....minus 22 points please

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Strong rumours doing the rounds that Leeds are in deepshyte for breaking lockdown conditions on training ......... can’t confirm anything but if there’s anything in it it should be breaking soon!

Nothing on Twitter about this at all so doubt it’s true, sadly.

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

That would be crazy 

Wonder what they've been doing? Full team full on training?

Owlstalk Shop

QPR are absolutely FUMING

“Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors' working group by the divisional representatives - or anyone else in the Football League – regarding this matter.

“On top of that, we were only made aware of the statement 40 minutes before it was made public.

“Having spoken with Les and Mark, they share my views. We are vehemently opposed to this schedule.

Owlstalk Shop

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

QPR are absolutely FUMING

“Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors' working group by the divisional representatives - or anyone else in the Football League – regarding this matter.

“On top of that, we were only made aware of the statement 40 minutes before it was made public.

“Having spoken with Les and Mark, they share my views. We are vehemently opposed to this schedule.

completely agree with them. Be nice if a few more clubs came out and said the same sort of thing. Stick it to the EFL. 

7 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

The season is due to be concluded (assuming no further disruptions) by the end of July including play offs.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out with our EFL hearing which I understand is also in July. If the issue remains unresolved past the season end there will be some real fun and games-certainly more entertaining than our on field performances this season.

It is already passed the end of the season

the finish date was the 25th May, think we will have an argument if any points are deducted this season now, because apart from the virus the season would have been over before the decision was made

How can we get enthusiastic when people are dying and we all know that easing of restrictions is for financial reasons rather than scientific reasons

In fact there are more daily deaths now than when lock down commenced.