Promotion

Said it before and I’ll say it again. I wouldn’t want it to happen. I’d rather us not go up, football is celebrating with your team, I’ve invested to much money into the club and for me not to see that moment I’ve been waiting for, for so long would be crap to say the least! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. I wouldn’t want it to happen. I’d rather us not go up, football is celebrating with your team, I’ve invested to much money into the club and for me not to see that moment I’ve been waiting for, for so long would be crap to say the least! 

What if the promotion clincher was at Luton with a 1k allocation? Would you rather us not go up because most fans wouldn't be there? 

Guest LittleG
16 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Sorry mate but I can't get my head round the fact that you wouldn't want us to go up if you can't be there. Although it would be disappointing not to see them get promotion, just think of the financial benefits for the club and the money problems that could be resolved.

37 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Once in a lifetime? I'm only in my 40s and have seen Wednesday promoted to the top division twice, and spend 15 years there.

Admittedly I'm not positive that I'll ever see it happen again... 

I guess I meant more so now rather than in the past. Like you say I’m not sure if we will see that again. 

1 hour ago, SouthStand75 said:

I’d still take it tho, we’d be able to celebrate promotion or a cup when it’s safe to do so with a parade.

We could be back in the Championship before we’d be able to do a parade for the promotion. Oh the irony.

1 hour ago, TINGLE75 said:

What's going to happen with F.A cup final? Will it be at Wembley? Imagine your team winning that and not being able to experience it

Seen somewhere that they may allow 20,000 people there to watch, didn't say supporters just people

It's just a bizarre notion. Of course we'd want to be there (which is why I'd always rather clinch promotion in a home game than away but if that was how it turned out I'd certainly take it) but surely no real fan would genuinely hope for us not to go up in those circumstances.

I bet you wouldn't find a Liverpool fan (a proper one, I don't care what all the sad plastics think) saying they'd rather not win the title now because it'll be behind closed doors or a Leeds or WBA fan saying they'd rather stay down than go up behind closed doors. 

I'd much rather get relegated behind closed doors than be there to witness it! 

17 minutes ago, the third man said:

Seen somewhere that they may allow 20,000 people there to watch, didn't say supporters just people

Be typical if the first 'fans' allowed back in to watch football in a ground in any numbers in this country were corporate suits at the FA Cup final rather than any supporters of the 2 clubs that make it to the final.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I would accept promotion but only under one of the following circumstances:-

Merit

Luck

Points deduction to a dozen teams

Dodgy reffing

Skulduggery

Mass hypnosis
Arcane law

Bribery

Act of God

Hand of God

Broken VAR
Freak winds

Any other cause

100% this lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

you are joking right?

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

What if the promotion clincher was at Luton with a 1k allocation? Would you rather us not go up because most fans wouldn't be there? 

Completely different, the buzz would Still be there, you could all go down to Luton and celebrate there together.  It would still have the party feel 

4 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

not about the team then?

I obviously want the team to do well, obviously! However I want to enjoy it! Like I’ve said, I’ve invested enough money in Wednesday so I want to see us go up properly! Call me selfish, I don’t  care :ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I obviously want the team to do well, obviously! However I want to enjoy it! Like I’ve said, I’ve invested enough money in Wednesday so I want to see us go up properly! Call me selfish, I don’t  care :ghoulguy:

ya selfish lol

• Haha 1