Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Let’s just say we were currently in the play offs, or chasing Leeds down. 

Just interested to know how many people would want us to get promoted under these circumstances? 

 

Not been able to be there on the day your team gets promoted after waiting 20 years for it would be very strange and one I don’t think I’d want to happen.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be ecstatic to get promotion under any circumstances. But obviously it wouldn’t have the same effect if it was this behind closed doors garbage that shouldn’t be happening !!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be gutted if it was behind closed doors but I’d take it. It’s getting there what’s important and if we were in with a chance this season I’d snatch your hand off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d bite your hand off. Just because of what it would do for the club. That influx of money at exactly the time we need it. Next season will probably be heavily restricted in terms of attendances anyways. So the season after that would be when football would be back to normal. We’d probably back in the championship then, but with the power of parachute payments and hopefully a few better players in our team and we could celebrate promotion properly then 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about getting promoted by the play offs and not being able to be there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be weird,stressful and a little bit gutting that you couldn't be with your mates.

 

Although I was Uni in Nottingham when we made the play offs in 2005 and I was listening to radio Sheffield on headphones in the computer room.  When James Quinn  scored I didn't know what to do with myself.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team promoted :tango:  but yes it would be gutting if we weren’t there to witness probably a once in a life time experience with family and friends. Be horrible not being able to go see games next season against some of the best players in the world if it is still behind closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean you'd take it but it wouldn't fulfil my lifelong fantasy of over the top celebrations that go on into the night and across the summer. The feeling of party and elation etc. It'd be a lot more muted and distant. It would feel like you've not enjoyed it properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m looking forward to the moment I refresh the football tables pages on Teletext to suddenly see Sheffield Wednesday appear in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Let’s just say we were currently in the play offs, or chasing Leeds down. 

Just interested to know how many people would want us to get promoted under these circumstances? 

 

Not been able to be there on the day your team gets promoted after waiting 20 years for it would be very strange and one I don’t think I’d want to happen.

Fortunately it's not something we are going to have to deal with.:ghoulguy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the third man said:

what about getting promoted by the play offs and not being able to be there

Be a member quick😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP has asked a rather academic question, I’m afraid - but how could you not want us to get promoted under those, or any other, circumstances ?

 

The financial implications of being in the Premiership speak for themselves - basically if you’re not in the Premier League, you’re nobody in reality
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going to happen with F.A cup final? Will it be at Wembley? Imagine your team winning that and not being able to experience it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to make our minds up on here. I keep reading comments how toxic the Prem is and how failure payments need stopping and that we are happy not to be part of it. Now I read this thread and we would all take promotion whichever way it could be achieved. Wtf? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont get me wrong, I'd take promotion under any circumstances, but....

 

For the money only, I genuinely wouldn't go to as many games. It's hard enough in the championship making a 6 hour round trip to watch us not have possession of the ball, not score and invariably lose. 

 

Strange as it may seem, I like the hope at the start of the season aiming for promotion. I'd find it a bit of a let down aiming to be the 4th worst team as the pinnacle of our season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

What's going to happen with F.A cup final? Will it be at Wembley? Imagine your team winning that and not being able to experience it


I’d still take it tho, we’d be able to celebrate promotion or a cup when it’s safe to do so with a parade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It would be weird,stressful and a little bit gutting that you couldn't be with your mates.

 

Although I was Uni in Nottingham when we made the play offs in 2005 and I was listening to radio Sheffield on headphones in the computer room.  When James Quinn  scored I didn't know what to do with myself.

 

 

 

 

In the computer room at Uni on a Saturday afternoon! Dedicated student or the late realisation that spending your student loan on partying may not get you the results you were looking for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine all the times you jump up and celebrate a goal for several minutes only for VAR to say NO GOAL.................not for me...sorry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

In the computer room at Uni on a Saturday afternoon! Dedicated student or the late realisation that spending your student loan on partying may not get you the results you were looking for?

I was 30 and I'd given up the pretense of being able to party after spending half the second year in Holland and over doing it 😉

 

Just finished my last exam the Friday before the final.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...