Jozo Simuovic.

This top quality defender has just been released by Celtic and imho he would make a terrific stalwart in the Wednesday defence. It was only last year that Celtic knocked back two offers of 6 million from Italian sides. I think it’s worth a shout as he’s a proven winner. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

This top quality defender has just been released by Celtic and imho he would make a terrific stalwart in the Wednesday defence. It was only last year that Celtic knocked back two offers of 6 million from Italian sides. I think it’s worth a shout as he’s a proven winner. 

According to transfer market he's only played 6 games this season.

Has he been injured or just not made the team ?

• Thanks 1

He was out with a knee problem for a while. Jozo never played on plastic pitches which are allowed in Scotland so he would never have completed a full season anyway. He is an outstanding defender on his day and it’s a real shock with this announcement from Celtic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

According to transfer market he's only played 6 games this season.

Has he been injured or just not made the team ?

DC ‘Well, why did you only just say he had only played 6 games Garry - he’s perfect for us!’

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

He was out with a knee problem for a while. Jozo never played on plastic pitches which are allowed in Scotland so he would never have completed a full season anyway. He is an outstanding defender on his day and it’s a real shock with this announcement from Celtic.

Why doesn't he play on plastic pitches?

52 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Why doesn't he play on plastic pitches?

He doesn’t want to because they play havoc on players knees and some players can’t get insurance to play on them. My lad usually picks up problems just training on the surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Agree from what I’ve seen and read he is very good, think the plastic pitches issue is a big one for him. 
Defo one id like to bring in, although at CB it’s one of the places we least need. 

5 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

Watching hom play for years in Croatia, I feel he is better then what we have right now. If he would agree to join on sensible wages move would be a no brainer for me.

• Like 2