Are you ready/excited for football returning?

On 31/05/2020 at 19:14, handworth52 said:

my ex next door neighbour died 3years ago reached his retirement no major health issues and within 6 weeks gone with cancer ,so my point is it should be an individuals choice whether they want to stay locked away for upto 5 years or enjoy the last part of there life with a small chance that the virus could get them . 1% over 60 might die of this , 60-70% cancer gets you . everything has to have a balance and a risk , im sorry that im not in the lets panic ,lets not go out club , the best thing is to go out and enjoy the sunshine . 

You still don't seem to comprehend that control of the outbreak is about much more than an individual's risk of dying from the virus. What did the Government spend weeks telling us was the highest priority (before they shrugged and left it to the laws of chaos)? Even some countries employing similar restrictions of movement saw their health systems overwhelmed. That is a metric completely independent of mortality levels and could still be a factor in the near future.

On 30/05/2020 at 16:16, Owling with laughter said:

I have to ask as you all seem to hate football so much, why are you reading a football forum at all? 

...and then going to the trouble of telling us how much you hate it, how it stinks and how corrupt it is?

You could be out cutting the lawn instead, if you haven’t got one mine needs doing.

We,r certainly not reading the forum for the garbage you write

• Haha 1

How can we be excited after the season we have had.

The players are not fit to wear the shirt.

Until we get in players who will sweat blood for the cause I'm not interested

Under Brian Laws,we weren't all that talented but boy did they give it their all.

At that time at least we were all in it together.

19 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

How can we be excited after the season we have had.

The players are not fit to wear the shirt.

Until we get in players who will sweat blood for the cause I'm not interested

Under Brian Laws,we weren't all that talented but boy did they give it their all.

At that time at least we were all in it together.

Towards the end of Laws tenure we had some wasters in the shirt.

But agreed for two/three seasons we did have a decent squad at this level. 

I can't get excited about football with no fans, depleted squads due to out of contract players refusing to play, little time & no friendlies to get up to speed.  Where's the integrity in that. It's money, money, money, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes I'm excited so excited but it has nothing to do with football. My excitement is lifted because a US Government and a US opposition have never before been under such threat. I just hope the pressure can be kept up on the police and National Guard until a major concession is made.

Trump is steadfastly sticking to the line of disenfranchising the Black and Hispanic  populations in order to install himself into the Whitehouse for four more years. The calls for calm from some members of the BAME community should/must be ignored until constitutional change is brought to the table !

The only reason they seem so great is that you kneel down before them, you are many they are few,  USA Bamers get up off your knees demand a different kind of society !  

19 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yes I'm excited so excited but it has nothing to do with football. My excitement is lifted because a US Government and a US opposition have never before been under such threat. I just hope the pressure can be kept up on the police and National Guard until a major concession is made.

Trump is steadfastly sticking to the line of disenfranchising the Black and Hispanic  populations in order to install himself into the Whitehouse for four more years. The calls for calm from some members of the BAME community should/must be ignored until constitutional change is brought to the table !

The only reason they seem so great is that you kneel down before them, you are many they are few,  USA Bamers get up off your knees demand a different kind of society !  

What on earth has that got to do with wednesday?   Please go on another site if you want to spout politics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, scram said:

Slowly but surely this crisis is laying bare the fact that most players don't give a crap about the club they play for and are only in it for what they can leach out of the clubs

And by extension don't give a crap about the supporters who love their club & idolise the same players that give little in return.

4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

And by extension don't give a crap about the supporters who love their club & idolise the same players that give little in return.

Absolutely

There a few exceptions of course - but they are the exceptions to the rule

I'd mothball it all for a year. Enough has been said about how unsatisfactory the next few weeks will be.

At this stage, however, the real concern is next season, which is doable at all can only happen with low crowds at best. Unless there is a reasonably effective vaccine in the next few months - possible but unlikely - the virus will dominate our lives for the next year. 

Missed it for the first two or three weeks mainly because it felt strange having nothing to listen to or any sport to watch or listen to. Also the opportunity to catch up with friends. Then when all the days sort of melded into one it didn't feel that strange. Now crowds or not, not sure I'd miss it. I think that like others say the season should be scrapped and in some ways, I  hope that football resets itself and if some team's go to the wall it would be sad be maybe needed. Often heard it said that 92 clubs is too many. Usually by overseas reporters.

On 30/05/2020 at 14:13, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 15.48.38.jpg

Is anyone now ready and excited for football to return?

It seems like forever since we last had a match to talk about

With football in other countries already back underway, a return to Premier League sorted, and possible restarts for Championship bro g discussed what do we think it’s going to be like?

If it’s behind closed doors and broadcast on IFollow will you watch?

Is football the same when only viewed on screens/devices?

As a an avid follower of football in general I'll be watching and I will certainly watch all our games as and when available.

As businesses I can understand the need for them to get going again even if it is just to recoup some TV money, the safety issue seems to have been covered and with the testing going on currently football training grounds will be among the safest places to work.

I'm getting more than a bit tired of some of the media telling us how the return of football is the saviour of society though. Contrary to what some would have us believe, most people would have been able to cope with a few more weeks without the beautiful game in this guise and I certainly don't have the same enthusiasm and anticipation I have after 2 months of a normal close season.

Certain sections of football coverage are overdoing the self-importance of football.