Are you ready/excited for football returning?

The Premier League welcomed the UK government's decision to allow pro sports to return under strict conditions from Monday.

The United Kingdom government has permitted the return of competitive sport behind closed doors from Monday, with Premier League chief executive Richard Masters welcoming the decision.

Masters said: "The Premier League welcomes the government's announcement today [Saturday]. All major sports, including the Premier League, have been working together with the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to produce this stage three protocol.

"We could not have reached this point without the full support of the government, especially DCMS, Public Health England and the chief medical officer's team.

"We have provisionally planned to restart the Premier League on June 17, but there is still much work to be done to ensure the safety of everyone involved.

"This includes consulting with our clubs, players and managers - along with all our other stakeholders - as the health and welfare of our participants and supporters is our priority.

"If all goes well, we will be thrilled to resume the 2019-20 season in just over two weeks' time."

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

I have to ask as you all seem to hate football so much, why are you reading a football forum at all? 

...and then going to the trouble of telling us how much you hate it, how it stinks and how corrupt it is?

You could be out cutting the lawn instead, if you haven’t got one mine needs doing.

Talk about putting words in people’s mouths. I love football but this is bringing out everything that’s wrong with the game and it all comes back to money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not seen anyone say they hate football?

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ps - I've never once read anyone say they actually hate football on this forum - I'd be really interested if you could link me to it so I can see it for myself

I think you’ll find I said “seem” to hate football.

3 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

I think you’ll find I said “seem” to hate football.

So it's just your own personal and inaccurate perception then?

Thought so.

Let's crack on with the topic/subject and not carry on with this nonsense

Who's ready/excited for football returning?

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 15.48.38.jpg

Is anyone now ready and excited for football to return?

It seems like forever since we last had a match to talk about

With football in other countries already back underway, a return to Premier League sorted, and possible restarts for Championship bro g discussed what do we think it’s going to be like?

If it’s behind closed doors and broadcast on IFollow will you watch?

Is football the same when only viewed on screens/devices?

Owlstalk Shop

One thing I do hope is that when it's safe for fans to return to football, that all fans are allowed to go in.

The thought of the first game back after this awful outbreak makes me think just what an emotional occasion it will be.

One thing is for sure, sadly there will be a few seats in the ground that will now be empty, Owlstalk readers amongst the ones we've lost recently.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you not realise all these things impact the football club and every single Sheffield Wednesday fan?

I quoted two posts which stated the reason for returning was all about money and two which said it was irresponsible. Nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday specifically. It’s you who is trying to turn the discussion into a Sheffield Wednesday issue which isn’t what the thread YOU posted is about.

So no, what I said isn’t  inaccurate but just a personal opinion which is the whole point of a forum surely?

Or is it?

Edited by Owling with laughter

51 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

I have to ask as you all seem to hate football so much, why are you reading a football forum at all? 

...and then going to the trouble of telling us how much you hate it, how it stinks and how corrupt it is?

You could be out cutting the lawn instead, if you haven’t got one mine needs doing.

hate football :duntmatter:  have you been on the Carling with Kev? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 15.48.38.jpg

Is anyone now ready and excited for football to return?

It seems like forever since we last had a match to talk about

With football in other countries already back underway, a return to Premier League sorted, and possible restarts for Championship bro g discussed what do we think it’s going to be like?

If it’s behind closed doors and broadcast on IFollow will you watch?

Is football the same when only viewed on screens/devices?

Has anyone seen any of the behind closed doors games?

What did you think of it?

Some have said they switched off after five minutes as they couldn't stand it

Others said they enjoyed watching the standard of football regardless of lack of atmosphere

Owlstalk Shop

Well I'm excited about football coming back.

I'm sure it will be a bit crap without he crowds though.

I'd quite happily go to a match tomorrow if we were allowed.

Although in Scotland we're still only allowed to drive 5 miles.

Might be a bit further for an eye test though. I'll have to check

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mcowl said:

Well I'm excited about football coming back.

I'm sure it will be a bit crap without he crowds though.

I'd quite happily go to a match tomorrow if we were allowed.

Although in Scotland we're still only allowed to drive 5 miles.

Might be a bit further for an eye test though. I'll have to check

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Premier League clubs have been told games will still go ahead once the season restarts even if they are down to just 15 fit players, it has emerged.

West Ham vice-chair Karen Brady has revealed the subject of depleted squads was discussed in Thursday’s conference call between clubs after Bundesliga teams reported a spike in strains and short-term muscle injuries following the resumption of football in Germany.

Apart from the likelihood of more injuries after a three-month lay-off, clubs are aware that anyone testing positive for coronavirus would have to be withdrawn and isolated, so it is not inconceivable that 25-man squad lists could quickly lose half a dozen or more players.

What happens with the Government's new track and trace scheme? If one player or backroom staff tests positive then everyone they have been in contact with has to isolate for fourteen days. That would include opposing teams they have played, match officials etc. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

What happens with the Government's new track and trace scheme? If one player or backroom staff tests positive then everyone they have been in contact with has to isolate for fourteen days. That would include opposing teams they have played, match officials etc. 

I'm sure I read that in some other countries, all the players, management, coaches, officials etc have been holed up together in the same hotel away from friends/family.

Not sure how that works if one of the hotel staff has it and passes it onto one/a few of them though

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

I’ll be surprised if the season is completed without at least one club facing these issues.

• Thanks 1