@owlstalk

Are you ready/excited for football returning?

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 15.48.38.jpg

Is anyone now ready and excited for football to return?

It seems like forever since we last had a match to talk about

With football in other countries already back underway, a return to Premier League sorted, and possible restarts for Championship bro g discussed what do we think it’s going to be like?

If it’s behind closed doors and broadcast on IFollow will you watch?

Is football the same when only viewed on screens/devices?

Can they edit in the "Programs - 3 quid" guy?

• Haha 1

Just now, Flintie said:

Can they edit in the "Programs - 3 quid" guy?

That would be amazing

Especially if they put it on some kind of button so that they could go mad with the remix when the match was getting boring

P P P P PROGRAMMES THREE QUI QUI QUID

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Not remotely interested tbh

The only reason it’s getting finished is because of money

Totally agree with you here. If it were for footballing reasons it would be across the board and not just the top 2 leagues. Stinks if you ask me (which I’m sure you’re not) which is just my opinion of course.

• Like 9

Check this out and look at the circles on the mat to keep player socially distanced AFTER they've just been sweating and dribbling all over the opposition in a full blooded match

Very very strange

• Like 1

Not excited at all about it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

Totally agree with you here. If it were for footballing reasons it would be across the board and not just the top 2 leagues. Stinks if you ask me (which I’m sure you’re not) which is just my opinion of course.

Exactly 

No money in Leagues 1, 2 and below.... meh cancel em

stinks

Not excited at all, while I have missed it, it's too soon and should have been scrapped. It's irresponsible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stoop said:

12 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not excited at all about it. 

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Not excited at all, while I have missed it, it's too soon and should have been scrapped. It's irresponsible. 

I have to ask as you all seem to hate football so much, why are you reading a football forum at all? 

...and then going to the trouble of telling us how much you hate it, how it stinks and how corrupt it is?

You could be out cutting the lawn instead, if you haven’t got one mine needs doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Premier League clubs have been told games will still go ahead once the season restarts even if they are down to just 15 fit players, it has emerged.

West Ham vice-chair Karen Brady has revealed the subject of depleted squads was discussed in Thursday’s conference call between clubs after Bundesliga teams reported a spike in strains and short-term muscle injuries following the resumption of football in Germany.

Apart from the likelihood of more injuries after a three-month lay-off, clubs are aware that anyone testing positive for coronavirus would have to be withdrawn and isolated, so it is not inconceivable that 25-man squad lists could quickly lose half a dozen or more players.

1 minute ago, Owling with laughter said:

I have to ask as you all seem to hate football so much, why are you reading a football forum at all? 

I've not seen anyone say they hate football?

• Thanks 1

Missed actually going to the match  social side of it.

Think without the fans it is pointless, of course I will watch us on TV etc but atmosphere will be non existent. Pre season friendly, without the fans what's the point 8n football, might as well be watching fifa on the x box.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Very little interest to be honest. I don’t like watching games on the red button even with a bit of atmosphere so can’t see me watching much. 

Edited by BIG D

7 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

...and then going to the trouble of telling us how much you hate it, how it stinks and how corrupt it is?

You could be out cutting the lawn instead, if you haven’t got one mine needs doing.

If you could point out where I said I hated football it would be appreciated. I mean, I even said I missed it, but, people lives mean more than football to me. Maybe you should go out and cut your own lawn seeing as the internet appears to be too confusing for you lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Missed actually going to the match  social side of it.

Think without the fans it is pointless, of course I will watch us on TV etc but atmosphere will be non existent. Pre season friendly, without the fans what's the point 8n football, might as well be watching fifa on the x box.

I think there are many that think the same way about missing the social side of it

Just did the thread about the New Barrack Tavern for example. Many of our readers drink in there before or after a match, chatting together (and fighting ha ha).

Just the little things about the build up to the matches is the stuff many are missing myself included

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I've not seen anyone say they hate football?

Maybe not on this particular thread but on plenty of others on this forum.

Just getting fed up of hearing how it’s all about money, it’s corrupt, they hate it, no morals etc but they have the need to read all about it and then bore us all with how disgusting they find it.

Here’s a thought, don’t go or post on football forums if you find it that distasteful!

Btw, I hate cricket. I find it very boring. But I don’t feel the need to find a cricket forum and tell them all about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

Maybe not on this particular thread but on plenty of others on this forum.

Just getting fed up of hearing how it’s all about money, it’s corrupt, they hate it, no morals etc but they have the need to read all about it and then bore us all with how disgusting they find it.

Here’s a thought, don’t go or post on football forums if you find it that distasteful!

Btw, I hate cricket. I find it very boring. But I don’t feel the need to find a cricket forum and tell them all about it.

So to summarise everyone should sit down, shut up, pay the prices demanded to see football, not moan about the corruption in the game, not mention the level of wages anyone receives or the massive transfer fees expected for players these days, don't mention the agents who take money out of the game, don't mention the chairman or how chairmen run their clubs, don't discuss the Premier League's parachute payments and how unfair it is for Sheffield Wednesday to compete against it etc?

Is that what you mean?

ps - I've never once read anyone say they actually hate football on this forum - I'd be really interested if you could link me to it so I can see it for myself

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

So to summarise everyone should sit down, shut up, pay the prices demanded to see football, not moan about the corruption in the game, not mention the level of wages anyone recieves or the transfer fees, don't discuss the Premier League's parachute payments and how unfair it is for Sheffield Wednesday to compete against it etc?

Yes please.