PS5

Chris_B_SWFC

12 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

They are filtering through, its worth checking the online big stores like smiths toys, very, curreys etc. There is a twitter page you can follow that gives updates about incoming stock which I would follow if you really really wanna get hold of one.

Thanks, at least it's improving. Hopefully when I look at getting one I don't have to go through all the stuff like waiting for incoming stock etc. I don't think I could take learning a degree and be Speedy Gonzales etc. to try and get one.

lol

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Just on PlayStation in general, I've noticed a lot of digital games on are way cheaper now/are on sale more quicker.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

I've been doing some research and found these if you haven't heard about them all.

From 2 months ago:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-5-redesign-will-enter-production-in-2022-new-report-claims/ A "new semi-customised" 6nm CPU from AMD should help increase the number of PS5's being produced later next year.

https://gamingintel.com/ps5-stock-shortage-could-end-august-2021/ Sony secure enough chips to reach the sale target of 14.8 million by April 2022, over 10.1 million have been sold already (2.3 million since March.)

Also https://gamingintel.com/ps5-10-million-units-fastest-selling-console-sony/ In PlayStation history.

I just feel sad for those trying to get one. Retailers aren't really bothered about scalpers as a sale is a sale. If I had the money and wanted one now I don't think I would pay scalper prices, maybe I would if it was around 100 more. I don't know whether to hold on for a PS5 or start on my PS4 again and wait for one. The problem I have is I wanna come back to gaming properly on PS5 because of the benefits it has for PS4 games etc.

Clickbait thumbnail and kinda title, but a new revision for the console. The video has caused some controversy. It will be interesting to watch more in depth videos from other channels in the future about it though. It's appearing over here now as well for both disc/digital versions. 

19 hours ago, darklord said:

wonder how much is down to data driven improvement and how much is down to availability of resources

This video looks at this, also the controversy around Sony with the new Horizon game PS5's upgrade from the PS4:

6 hours ago, Django said:

Nearly a year in and pretty much only one decent next gen game to play on 👎

I'm looking at getting Ratchet & Clank / Returnal when I get one. Demon's Souls is interesting me as well. The PS4 first couple of years was basically the same really. I whished more early games were exclusive, but I guess it would be bad this time around with the shortages etc. In the next year or so with just the big kinda games you have Deathloop, Horizon Forbidden West, Forsporken, Ghostwire: Tokyo, A Plague Tale: Requiem, God of War 2: Ragnarok, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, The Castillo Protocol, Pragmata and Gran Turismo 7 plus probably some more. A PlayStation Showcase is happening next Thursday so we will be seeing more then.

5 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

*Forspoken

This Christmas looking for a PS5: lol 

I thought I'd be more bothered about not upgrading from the PS4 by now, but the whole stock thing has made me more apathetic towards console gaming than it's made me want to get involved.

I reckon it's having that effect on quite a few people, most of my mates are in the same boat. 

• Like 3

On 13/09/2021 at 11:30, Gob_Bluth said:

I thought I'd be more bothered about not upgrading from the PS4 by now, but the whole stock thing has made me more apathetic towards console gaming than it's made me want to get involved.

I reckon it's having that effect on quite a few people, most of my mates are in the same boat. 

Yeah it doesn't feel like a new generation yet. It's probably not going to get back to normal until 2023, I wonder if it will affect the normal around 7 year cycle of generations. My brother tried getting a PS5 for his two sons and one for me yesterday for the first time, but it was a bad drop and also he was at work. Hopefully with more knowledge now we can get one next time. I was getting burnt out on gaming with the last generation really and took a few years break from being really involved and it's helped re-energise me again. My main group of friends I play with all got a PS5 by pre ordering them, but are burnt out on online games like CoD/Warzone though. We probably played more GTA Online than CoD since it released on PS4.

2 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

Yeah it doesn't feel like a new generation yet. It's probably not going to get back to normal until 2023, I wonder if it will affect the normal around 7 year cycle of generations. My brother tried getting a PS5 for his two sons and one for me yesterday for the first time, but it was a bad drop and also he was at work. Hopefully with more knowledge now we can get one next time. I was getting burnt out on gaming with the last generation really and took a few years break from being really involved and it's helped re-energise me again. My main group of friends I play with all got a PS5 by pre ordering them, but are burnt out on online games like CoD/Warzone though. We probably played more GTA Online than CoD since it released on PS4.

I think i'll wait until they're widely available and do the whole ps5/new TV combo all in one hit so i'm playing on the latest and greatest, my pc is pretty beefy so anything multiplatform that I need to play I'll do on that through Steam/Gamepass.

That said I can't remember the last new game I bought or played. I'm not a CoD or multiplayer pvp shooter guy generally so when I play with mates online it's usually co-op stuff like the Division, Destiny or Borderlands.

I literally want the ps5 for when God Of War 2 and the Marvel stuff is out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I think i'll wait until they're widely available and do the whole ps5/new TV combo all in one hit so i'm playing on the latest and greatest, my pc is pretty beefy so anything multiplatform that I need to play I'll do on that through Steam/Gamepass.

That said I can't remember the last new game I bought or played. I'm not a CoD or multiplayer pvp shooter guy generally so when I play with mates online it's usually co-op stuff like the Division, Destiny or Borderlands.

I literally want the ps5 for when God Of War 2 and the Marvel stuff is out

Yeah I'm not planning on getting many brand new games, I will be waiting for sales mostly. On CoD I haven't played it all year since Ghosts and that came out in 2013, since then I've only played it for a around a few months, tried the Beta's etc. or haven't bought them. I wanna try out stuff like Destiny and Borderlands properly though. Also yeah I'm looking forward to see how Wolverine turns out.

19 hours ago, Skyline said:

Just seen Horizon is due for release 18th Deb 2022.

Really excited about this one

You'll be waiting 10 more months then haha, it comes out on the same date in February instead.

On 03/09/2021 at 08:03, Incognito Owl said:

Clickbait thumbnail and kinda title, but a new revision for the console. The video has caused some controversy. It will be interesting to watch more in depth videos from other channels in the future about it though. It's appearing over here now as well for both disc/digital versions. 

Well after trying to get a PS5 it looks like it will be early next year until I can possibly get one now. It's very disheartening haha. I think I might just start back on my PS4 Pro again until I get one, probably get the Mass Effect Legendary Edition to pass the time, play some F2P games or buy some other online games and get FIFA or any other games to play with friends if crossplay is allowed. I watched this video awhile back about the stock issues. If I remember he didn't really blame the scalpers for the problems more so Sony and Microsoft on making it worse with releasing them last year instead of say waiting around another year to build up stock and actually selling them to customers first etc. This would have made the scalpers basically redundant too. If I didn't have friends on PlayStation I would just buy the available Xbox Series S and upgrade to the X or a new model later on like the guy in the video did as well.