PS5

Chris_B_SWFC

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Mate was on 6 different queues at game yesterday apparently, failed to secure one. He was gutted. Said website crashed and when it came back they'd all gone. 

It was a mess

In the end I had 3 tabs open in total. One logged in to my account on one laptop. Then on another laptop tabs in both normal and incognito mode. 

I logged in and had one of the YouTube streams open which alarm when stock drops. Got in the queue quick but it looked like after about 10 minutes that queue stopped moving and  didn't move for an hour. I didn't dare move off that tab so started a new tab on the second laptop when the YouTube stream alarmed again 

Then the queue stopped a second time. So I started a tab in incognito mode again after the YouTube steam alarmed a third time.

From then it was an hour waiting until I got in on the first tab I had open. The package I selected was out of stock, but it let me choose a different package and let me order. 4 hours from that first YouTube alarm!

Nightmare. But I had my packaging notice this morning so looks like I got there in the end!

• Thanks 2

On 04/03/2021 at 13:17, neo hippy said:

It was a mess

In the end I had 3 tabs open in total. One logged in to my account on one laptop. Then on another laptop tabs in both normal and incognito mode. 

I logged in and had one of the YouTube streams open which alarm when stock drops. Got in the queue quick but it looked like after about 10 minutes that queue stopped moving and  didn't move for an hour. I didn't dare move off that tab so started a new tab on the second laptop when the YouTube stream alarmed again 

Then the queue stopped a second time. So I started a tab in incognito mode again after the YouTube steam alarmed a third time.

From then it was an hour waiting until I got in on the first tab I had open. The package I selected was out of stock, but it let me choose a different package and let me order. 4 hours from that first YouTube alarm!

Nightmare. But I had my packaging notice this morning so looks like I got there in the end!

I hope I don't have to do this when I'm looking at one, I would rather wait even longer haha.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

23 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Mate managed to snag one from Very in Wednesday. Delivered today. He's well happy cos he was eyeing em on ebay at 5 to 600 quid and getting tempted. Anyone who buys one from there wants their bumps feeling. 

I'd pay the price BUT if anything goes wrong with it you can't take it back so it's a no from me for that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 10/03/2021 at 16:34, Fairy Tail Owl said:

How much is the PS5 in the shops, every website I check just says sold out. I found one on gumtree for 500 (with the disc player)

The drop is expected towards the end of the coming week and follows news that Amazon and Argos are among other retailers hoping to have more supplies in the coming days.

Some 500 consoles should go on sale initially with Amazon UK this coming Tuesday.

But TechRadar claims the online giant has shipped another 46,000 Playstation 5 consoles for sale in the UK to be sold within the coming weeks.

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I managed to get one from Very the other week and also got lucky in the Currys VIP draw, so sent that code to my mate (seen people trying to sell their codes :blink:).

Is anybody interested in Spider man? Was included in the bundle but I won't play on it and it's still sealed... £30?

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 11:30, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I managed to get one from Very the other week and also got lucky in the Currys VIP draw, so sent that code to my mate (seen people trying to sell their codes :blink:).

Is anybody interested in Spider man? Was included in the bundle but I won't play on it and it's still sealed... £30?

You should do even if its the shorter Miles Morales one. Short but sweet and gives you a very good introduction to fast load times, great graphics and Ray tracing. 

Housemarque have just been signed to Sony. Makers of returnal which is meant to be a very good. Be nice to see what comes from them with Sony's money and management backing them now. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

Housemarque have just been signed to Sony. Makers of returnal which is meant to be a very good. Be nice to see what comes from them with Sony's money and management backing them now. 

Housemarque and also Bluepoint. Two very good acquisitions for Sony, and makes sense since they’ve been working together exclusively for years.

I really want to play Returnal, but put off by the £70 price. I’ll wait for a sale or it to hit PS+ or PS Now. 

• Thanks 1

On 30/06/2021 at 21:56, Wath-owl said:

Housemarque and also Bluepoint. Two very good acquisitions for Sony, and makes sense since they’ve been working together exclusively for years.

I really want to play Returnal, but put off by the £70 price. I’ll wait for a sale or it to hit PS+ or PS Now. 

Bluepoint not confirmed but looking likely. Demon SOuls remake was fantastic.

Returnal looks really good. I can't justify £70 for a game I may not like though and i'll wait until they add this save feature too.

I take it that it's still a pain to get one? I put looking at one on hold, but will most likely be looking at early next year now. 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

2 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I take it that it's still a pain to get one? I put looking at one on hold, but will most likely be looking at early next year now. 

They are filtering through, its worth checking the online big stores like smiths toys, very, curreys etc. There is a twitter page you can follow that gives updates about incoming stock which I would follow if you really really wanna get hold of one.

• Like 1